American Express is a global services company and the world’s largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide - combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities - enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential
Brand new and Exciting opportunity to lead the way for Robotics and Automation at American Express. This highly critical role, will work across Technology and Product Leadership Teams, Use Case owners across the Servicing Network and Global Business Services Group in a geographically distributed organization to build the beginnings of the enterprise robotics platform, play a very active role in the company Robotics Community of Technical Practice and drive critical use cases for the company.
• Lead an Intelligent Robotics automation engineering team focused on Use case development for GSN and GBS
• Play an active role in the company go forward platform strategy for robotics
• Play an active role in the Robotics Community of Technical Practice
• Expert knowledge on robotic process automation tools. Create and maintain documentation related to Robotic Process Automation: Process Mapping , platform functional & technical specifications , proposals , go - live release notes , package deployment and administration.
• 50%~60% of the time spent on coding and/or hands-on technical implementation.
• Work with Staff Architects to define solution requirements and technical implementation approach.
• Drive both high-level and detailed technical designs and conduct design reviews as needed.
• Provide technical guidance to other software engineers at all levels.
• Implement new, highly scalable platform component.
• Enhance and maintain existing components of the core platform.
• Actively participate in team and company-wide architecture and engineering discussions and forums.
• Employ technical expertise to help team members overcome technical problems
• Adhere to release/project schedule and sprint milestones.
• Analyze, design, program, debug, and modify software for use in local, networked, cloud-based or Internet-related environments.
• Responsible for health and quality of the code across the portfolio, including leadership over SCM, functional testing, and CI/CD tool integration.
• Assists business teams in resolving complex business challenges via technical solutions.
• Advocate for technologies, frameworks, design patterns, processes and guiding values of the domain architecture.
• Build and manage enterprise-scale chatbot products that enables real-time human to human conversation within a context. .
• Stay current with new technology and be able to assess to determine viability and applicability to American Express’s business and technical environments.
• Identify options, evaluate pros and cons and determine total cost of ownership for tactical and strategic solutions.
• Drive platform capabilities enabled with advancement in the technology including machine learning, deep learning, NLP, search and cognitive computing.
• Work with product/ engineering teams and lead technical decision making, adhering to American Express’s platform architecture and other enterprise decisions
• Ensure adherence to architecture and development principles around open source, DevOps, Agile, Containerization and Infrastructure
• Apply the science of utilizing data to solve business problems, the performance and processing problems of dealing with big data, building web scale systems with high response times
• Partner with product teams in building and delivering high value products, iterate on ideas and continue to innovate and incubate.
• Be a great team player, mentor team members and help build a team of high caliber software development engineers
• 13+ years of software development experience with multiple full cycle implementation from requirement to production.
• Experience with one or more programming languages including but not limited to: Python, Java, or C/C++, R.
• Expert knowledge of Robotics platforms, frameworks and tools across but not limited to RPA, DPA, OCR, Bots
• Minimum 2 yrs experience in RPA development and RPA implementation as well as integration across company platforms
• Experience with one or more of the following:
• machine learning, recommendation systems, natural language processing, computer vision, pattern recognition, or artificial intelligence
• Solid grounding in statistics, probability theory, data modeling, machine learning algorithms and software development techniques and languages used to implement analytics solutions
• Experience in building highly scalable distributed systems
• Excellent written communication skills and ability to document technical content
• BS/BE/B.Tech. degree in computer science or equivalent
• Extensive experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
• Experience with Java, Groovy, Spring, Grails framework
• Experience using Robotics Frameworks, RPA software products like Blue Prism, UiPath, Automation Anywhere, Kofax, etc
• Professional knowledge of Machine Learning environments, such as Regression or Decision Trees or Random Forest or Deep Learning
• Experience designing and deploying with one or more the technologies like Tensor Flow, Spark ML, CNTK, Torch, Caffe
• Knowledge of Big Data technologies, such as Spark, Hadoop, Cornerstone is highly desirable
• Good knowledge of databases like SQL, PostgreSQL, Mongo, Redis, Cassandra
• Exposure to Node & Scala, is desirable.
• Financial Services experience with a track record of innovation
• Full stack engineering with agile and innovative mindset
• TOGAF certification will be a big Plus!
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 22, 2019, 1:51:06 PM