American Express Careers
Full Stack Engineer - Java / Angular / Node
- A hands-on Software Engineer with high energy and eager to grow technically.
- Strong communication skills
- A strategic thinker, capable to clearly illustrate and sell ideas while managing risk.
- Expertise in the definition and implementation of effective software engineering practices and processes that result in high speed to market: i.e. open source style project maintainers, PR review process, issue triage, code reviews, code contribution metrics definition, test automation strategy, CI/CD optimization, etc.
- Responsible for developing proof of concepts, curate tech frameworks and ship software components that will be used as the backbone for the platform and used by tenths of developers.
- 3+ years of software engineering experience.
- Java 8+ programming is a must. Polyglot experience (Go, node.js) is a super plus.
- Understanding with SQL and NOSQL databases (Couchbase, Elastic Search databases preferred).
- Substantial experience in an agile enterprise setting.
- Demonstrated experience with continuous integration tooling such as Jenkins pipelines.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes or Red Hat Openshift is a plus.
- Experience with Atlassian software development and collaboration tools (Bitbucket JIRA, Confluence, etc.).
- Experience with microservice frameworks: Spring Boot, Dropwizard, Vert.x
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 12, 2019, 1:36:38 PM