American Express Careers
Strategic Alliance & Sales Manager
As an employee, you can expect challenging work, with purpose. Be more than just your job. Be the voice of inspiration and transform the way the world does business for a living. By joining American Express, you are choosing to become a part of the dynamic team that is recognized as Thailand's "Best Employer 2018"
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
This critical role within the Thailand Global Merchant Network Services Acquisition team is responsible for a team of sales representatives who acquire mid to large sized merchant accounts through face-to-face visits. This critical role is key to significantly improve card acceptance coverage in designated industries and within focused areas mainly are in Bangkok and key tourist destinations. The incumbent will be responsible for achieving and exceeding sales targets through diligent management and coaching of the team to deliver world-class sales performance.
The Strategic Alliances and Sales Team Leader is also responsible for merchant acquisition via third party alliances. The role will work closely with Strategic Alliance Manager and Head of Merchant Acquisition to define and implement the strategy for new bank alliances, acquisition of New External Sales Agent partnerships and Outbound Telesales. This is a high profile role charged with driving major negotiations, determining acquisition pricing and working closely with pan American Express, External Sales Agent and Bank Alliance stakeholders to achieve growth objectives for both parties. This role also carries ownership of Strategic Alliances coverage, training, campaign and compliance goals, and the management of external sales agents/partners that have strategic partnership agreement to represent MA in engaging merchants.
- Manage and lead a team of minimum 10 Merchant Acquisition Sales Representatives to meet and exceed sales targets (new active locations in force & new booked charge volume)
- Develop and executive appropriate prospecting and sales planning to drive new active lif acquisition aimed at driving profitable volume growth, significantly closing coverage gaps and improving card member perception of Amex coverage
- Ongoing monitoring of overall team and individual sales performance to identify best-practice and increase sales closure rates
- Identify and provide appropriate sales tools and training (incl. sales role play) on a regular basis to drive best-in class sales performance
- Ensure all acquisition tasks are appropriately logged and tracked in Merchant Force CRM system through the appropriate use of opportunities, leads and the sales pipeline
- Ensure all acquisition occurs in full compliance with the American Express Global Merchant Acquisition Policy
- Develop, Manage and Maintain sales pipeline to ensure delivery of sales volume targets.
- Acquisition and subsequent management of strategic alliances with partners and external sales agents to ensure they successfully sell in American Express acceptance to their merchant base.
- Proactive alliance management and development of alliance growth strategy. Includes resolution of alliance operational challenges, management of alliance contact strategy and alliance reporting and tracking.
- Ensuring acquisition, volume and activation targets are met against specified targets and budgets.
- Management of alliance third party briefing, training, coaching, monitoring and evaluation to ensure compliance and audit standards are met.
- Development and implementation of tactical marketing and promotional programs to ensure that defined coverage, growth and activation targets are met.
- Ensure all alliances are fully trained and equipped to sell the merchant value proposition.
- Drive key relationships with blue box stakeholders and obtain buy-in to drive change/initiatives. This includes close alignment within Issuers, World Service, GNMI, GNO, Risk, Pricing, Compliance and GCO where relevant.
- Acting as the team interface with World Service and the Merchant Communications Group to manage all Merchant Acquisition related activity such as Welcome Calls and responsible in ensuring WTH team continues to drive BCV.
- Engagement with Proprietary Acquisition on the allocation and management of alliance lead referrals and ensure Strategic Alliances support of market key industry and geography signings to deliver GMNS coverage goals.
- Management and ownership of core Strategic Alliances initiatives relating to Coverage and Lead Referrals.
- Collaborate with the Client Management team to ensure a smooth handover of new LIF to the Merchant Engagement Group.
- Management of alliance reporting. Includes monthly dashboard tracking and forecasting.
- Managing the accrual process for alliances. Ensuring accurate and timely invoice payment.
- Work with other Acquisition team members to make improvements to current processes.
- Management of the ESA Direct Report and executive for coverage at Key Malls, designed industries and areas
- Provide coaching and support to team members.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Minimum 5 years of proven sales and people management track record.
- Experience in relationship management with partners.
- Must have a strong sales leadership experience and coach team on sales discipline.
- Experience in acquiring and managing key external partners/sales agents.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and proven ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the business.
- Experienced in using analysis to drive account planning in a complex business environment, where lateral thinking and the ability to negotiate win outcomes is essential.
- Experience of working with financial institutions, knowledge of American Express merchant operations and systems and a qualification in a relevant tertiary field, e.g. Business, Commerce, and/or Marketing are distinct advantages.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Demonstrated track record in managing the End to End process for mass marketing campaigns.
- Proven high achievement and ability to drive results.
- Proven effective conflict resolution and strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to establish/maintain credibility with customers and partners.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Time management, strong presentation skills and project management/facilitation history.
- Well rounded business skills and in depth understanding of the American Express merchant base and value proposition.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and CRM applications.
- Fluent in Thai and English
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 3, 2019, 2:07:16 AM