American Express Careers
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to support innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team
You will be part of a fast-paced, high performing Shared Services Team, working closely with business, delivery and production support teams to ensure the continued high quality application performance of products designed to drive card member servicing. You will be challenged with identifying innovative solutions and preventive measures to uphold the existing and future needs of our customers. This is a very exciting opportunity to join an organization Servicing Customer of American Express. This organization leads the technology strategy and delivery across multiple business units within American Express, and is responsible for the delivery of servicing across all channels (Web/Voice/Mobile/IOT) leveraging cutting-edge technology, and enable incredible Servicing experiences for American Express Card Members for American Express Card Members.
- Serving as a core member of an engineering team responsible for ensuring
- performance for a portfolio of our Card Member servicing (MYCA)
- Optimize Core services for Performance and maintain SLA's
- Write Clean Code, have a passion for implementing new technologies and the system highly available.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
· 5 + years of
software development experience & Problem Solving
· Hands on Java Programmer with clean coding principles. (At least version 8 and above)
· Hands on experience in Multi-threading & Reactive Design Principles.
· Proven Experience in designing Highly Available & Observable Microservices/functions
· Experience with Kubernetes Preferred, but not mandatory.
· Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation
· Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in how fast they develop working software
· BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 24, 2019, 12:48:11 PM