American Express Careers
Learning Experience Designer
The Global Servicing Learning Network (GSLN) is responsible for creating and delivering successful learning programs across the Global Servicing Network (GSN) for our newly hired colleagues and ensures that they continue to learn and develop throughout their tenure with the company. We support over 20,000 colleagues across the globe in 9 languages and in 20+ markets.
We are embarking on a multi-year, multi-million dollar transformation across all aspects of our business with an exciting new initiative called Chrysalis. Our vision is to create a next generation learning ecosystem that will deliver personalized and continuous learning at an accelerated pace to provide a consistent, world class customer experience every day.
We are looking for an Instructional Designer to build learning content that is engaging and interactive. We are looking for a leader that is accustomed to working in a matrix environment and translating business requirements into performance-based learning. Through this role, you will have the unique opportunity to shape the future of learning at American Express.
The successful candidate will have experience designing, developing and designing training content in an agile environment. They should be able to provide insight into the global training business, with a track record for building high-impact, blended learning lessons and solutions. Collaboration is key; you will work closely with business partners and SMEs to drive the lesson level design and curriculum level fit from the design documents created.
No two days will be alike, but there are some things you can count on. You will:
- Design, develop and build blended learning solutions in a team based environment
- Design learning that reflects an understanding of the diversity of learners and groups of learner, including the demonstrated understanding of cultural differences that may apply
- Acquire and apply new technology skills to instructional design practice
- Build and deliver train the trainer sessions
- Evaluate learning effectiveness using sound Instructional design assessment strategies
- A degree or certification in Performance Technology, Instructional Design, Adult Learning, or Education strongly desired plus 2-5 years of on the job application
- Experience working in an agile and waterfall design environment
- Extensive experience in Instructional design application with the ability to convert strategies to effective and engaging learning experiences
- The ability to apply concepts, techniques and theory of other disciplines to instructional design assessment strategies
- Strong proficiency with industry standard design software (Adobe Creative Suite, Articulate v9 or higher and Captivate v7 or higher)
- Proven e-learning Design and Development experience and experience designing, developing and delivering emerging learning solutions including game-based learning, simulations and immersive scenarios requiring multiple branching elements strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with peers, driving diverse workgroups to collaborative solutions
- Proven project management and leadership skills with ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Experience with using Learning Management Systems strongly preferred
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 12, 2019, 1:27:05 PM