Director of Cloud Solutions Engineering - Enterprise Cloud Platform
About American Express Enterprise Cloud Platform (eCP):
American Express Enterprise Cloud platform (eCP) provides comprehensive hybrid cloud platform that enables business critical applications to have Faster Time-to-Market for American Express. eCP offers dynamic rapid code-to-development models and services such as Platform-as-a-Service, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, DB-as-a-Service, Analytics-as-a-Service, Messaging-as-a-Service, CICD Pipelines, etc. for application developers in a hybrid cloud environment. eCP enables Application developers to write modern scalable cloud native applications.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to tackle their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and teamwork, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to pursue a new career, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express
Don’t make a difference without it
Don’t live life without it
As a Director of Cloud Solutions Engineering, you will
• Lead and develop distributed team of Cloud Solutions Engineers, Hybrid Cloud Platform services Engineers
• Drive cloud native application architecture and patterns to enable application migration to cloud platform
• Partner with cloud platform engineering teams to engineer services on both private and public cloud platforms
• Develop cloud migration patterns for a broad range of applications including distributed, database, big data, and COTS applications
• Partner with Enterprise Architecture and Application teams to develop creative enterprise grade solutions on cloud
• Drive the next generation hybrid cloud adoption strategy and execution
• Drive best-in-class developer experience on the cloud platform
• 10+ years of experience in leading application development for highly available enterprise grade software and platform applications
• Preferred: 2+ years of experience in Platform Engineering across various cloud computing models
• You have an understanding of Kubernetes, Container Orchestrations, Docker, and Cloud Native applications
• Experience in using public cloud platform services, like AWS, Azure, GCP
• Must have experience in cloud native application patterns and tools, micro services architectures, application migrations to any cloud platform
• Excellent understanding of Infrastructure, Virtualization, Containers, Network, Storage, Monitoring tools, Logging analytic tools (Splunk, etc.)
• Experience with Application Performance Management tools (Splunk, App Dynamics, New Relic, DynaTrace, etc.)
• Real passion for and Excellent understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CICD) tools and processes (Example: Jenkins, Ansible, etc.)
• Deep understanding of Agile principles and processes
• Preferred: Experience in building high performing Engineering teams
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related science discipline or meaningful experience
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 22, 2019, 8:10:12 PM