American Express Careers
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive.
We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The Design Manager will lead the day to day operations of the Global Servicing Learning Network (GSLN) Value Generation (Val Gen) design team. This position will be responsible for creating an engaging and inspiring environment in which our Instructional Designers and Senior Instructional Designers can grow and develop and ensure our business partners’ training needs are being met through the best possible and agile design. The successful incumbent will lead talented colleagues and contractors who design Value Generation learning solutions for both new hires (both in the physical and virtual classrooms) as well as tenured Customer Care Professionals (CCPs) with a focus on the card member’s anticipatory needs in order to achieve revenue growth and performance standards. The manager will partner with the business to increase offer and accept rates, enhance the customer experience while also driving and developing the Customer First ethos within every interaction. He/she will build business partnerships and work with our customers/business partners to ensure learning solutions drive business performance, utilize the proper resource allocation to ensure business needs are met, provide coaching, guidance and feedback to instruct professionals in a team environment, be responsible for hiring, developing, motivating and delivering performance evaluations to their Team. The Design Manager will be expected to lead a site-based and globally dispersed staff of professionals in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Responsible for the selection, coaching, development and motivation of a team of Instructional Designers and Senior Instructional Designers
- Foster and manage relationships with business partners across geographies and businesses
- Craft effective Learning strategies and solutions and manage the execution of such solutions
- Ensure that the training programs are designed effectively and achieve the desired business performance & metric(s)
- Collaborate with their GSLN colleagues to share best practices, provide “voice of learner” input into the design and delivery of all Val Gen programs
- Remain abreast of industry trends in sales training and other adult education methods, including e-learning and technology supported training
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
- Has excellent people leader skills and experience in coaching and developing professional staff teams
- Has a passion for Learning & Development and proven experience in Training Delivery, Design; experience with sales training programs is highly preferred
- Has proven ability to develop, manage and leverage relationships, at multiple levels, in a global, virtual and matrixed environment
- Has excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Has strong ability to multi-task, influence and negotiate across markets and functions
- Has outstanding innovative thinking skills with demonstrated influence and collaboration skills to drive new ideas and change across the business
- The incumbent will also fulfill various project management tasks as identified
- Has strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Is results driven with a strong will to win and customer focus
- Is flexible and responsive to rapid change, strong ability to operate in a very dynamic environment
- Is curious and future focused, seeks out evolving and innovative ways to add value to the business
- Educational requirement: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 24, 2019, 7:12:52 AM