American Express Careers
Sr. Product Manager, Intelligent Automation
Amex Digital Labs is responsible for catalyzing digital innovation at American Express by originating, incubating and managing emerging products and platforms that can be essential to our customers’ digital lives. We strive to emphasize creativity, customer centricity, and innovation. Focus areas include creating industry-leading digital payment solutions, using our first-class servicing network and lifestyle assets to create digital experiences, and defining new products and services based on emerging technologies and trends.
Amex Digital Labs is looking for a Product Manager to help expand our Intelligent Automation & Messaging Platform to international markets and help manage the bot content strategy across markets. The person taking this role will define product features, shape the customer experience, articulate and deliver requirements, lead customer testing and evolve the product backlog. The Product Manager will represent the product with internal and external audiences, acting as the main point of contact with any partner product teams. Product Managers at American Express play a central role identifying customer needs, building unique experiences, and leading teams across the company to launch digital products.
Define new product features, scope, and functions to enable our AI ‘bots’ in international markets
Serve as a ‘conversational architect’, using UX research, language analysis, psychological understanding, and script writing to craft customer facing AI bots in international markets
Provide consulting to international markets on content creation, including content verification and approval processes
Partner with engineering and design to define user stories, guide product definition, and conduct user testing
Collaborate with internal teams to shepherd your product through the development process, advocating to create the best outcomes
Coordinate across teams to launch products and features, managing in-market products post-launch
Obtain feedback on the product, using data, analytics, and customer input, to iterate and drive improvements in future releases
Define the product roadmap and prioritize the backlog
Lead product relationship with international markets, partners, merchants, and vendors
Maintain pulse on external digital product development trends and marketplace dynamics to inform continuous product evolution
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
We are seeking a Product Manager with a passion for digital, a clear focus on the customer, strong communication skills, and the ability to provide clarity and direction across teams. The Manager's main focus will be to experiment, test, and launch new digital products at American Express. The Product Manager will deftly collaborate with external customers and internal teams, partnering with engineers to deliver product enhancements and grow adoption.
Key qualifications are:
- Enthusiasm for exceptional products and services, able to empathize with customers, and skilled at articulation of product functionality
- Experience working with software developers, engineers and architects, with a strong ability to translate product requirements succinctly and ensure technology deliverables are built with high quality
- Curiosity and hunger to know how things work and ability to use that knowledge to make connections and find opportunities with an entrepreneurial mindset and bias toward action
- Determination to get to the best outcome for our customers, both Card Members and Merchants
- Detail oriented, able to identify key questions, make product decisions and assess how pieces of the puzzle interact and affect the overall project
- Recognize issues quickly and determine how to get a resolution through creative and effective problem solving
- Excellent communication skills across distributed and global teams with ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners to drive collaboration and alignment
- Highly organized, taking individual initiative and accountability for getting results
- Preferred, but not required, experience in new product development, product management, or similar role
- Preferred, but not required, University Degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.K. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
About American Express
American Express’ heritage was built on service and has been sustained by innovation. Through our evolution from and express mail business in 1850, to one of the world’s largest card issuers by purchasing volume and a digital innovator, we’ve never been afraid to explore new possibilities and embrace the changing marketplace. From our high employee satisfaction ratings to our many workplace awards, American Express is consistently recognized as a great place to work by people around the world. We offer talented individuals challenging work with purpose by embracing both innovation and tradition. As our company has grown and evolved, sometimes reinventing our business outright, we have never strayed from the customer-service ethos and values on which the company was built – trust, security, integrity, quality, good citizenship, respect and customer commitment.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team onor 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 30, 2019, 8:59:51 AM