American Express Careers
Engineer - TPF Systems Programmer
Why American Express?
- Analyzes requirements/ user stories to appropriately support design activities
- Performs technical aspects of software development for assigned applications
- Performs hands-on architecture, design, and development of systems
- Functions as a contributing member of an agile team and helps deliver consistent development practices
- Typically spends 70% of time writing code and testing, and remainder of time collaborating with stakeholders through ongoing product/platform releases
- Designs and builds integration components and interfaces in collaboration with Architects and Infrastructure Engineers as necessary
- Contributes to decisions about tools, methods and approaches
- Performs unit and assembly testing of software components including the design, implementation, evaluation, and execution of unit and assembly tests
- Conducts code reviews and builds test automation
- Debugs software components, identifies, fixes and verifies remediation of code defects
- Performs ongoing refactoring of code and continuously improves product
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Provides continuous support for ongoing application availability
- Understands impact on disparate systems, business units and long-term impact of technical design decisions.
- Generates ideas to improve overall system design
- Focuses on delivering high quality code on time and to specifications
- Focused on cost savings, high performance, high reliability, quality of user experience and architectural alignment of solutions
QualificationsA successful candidate will be part of a multi-disciplined, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering world class Authorizations capabilities. Excellent problem solving skills are a must as well as an expert knowledge of TPF Assembler, TPF C/C++, TPFDF, TCP/IP Concepts, SOA Services, Restful Services, Build Tools for z/TPF and MQ. Supporting a global business, you will be required to understand and deliver against a diverse set of business needs as well as providing your own feedback and inputs.
- Holds a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field (or has equivalent work experience).
- Requires hands-on knowledge and understanding of architecture, requirements analysis, applications systems design and integration, with a detailed understanding of applicable programming methodologies.
- Has the ability to work with business partners and articulate technical concepts and design / implementation considerations.
- 1 – 3 years TPF Applications Development / Assembler / C / C++
- 1 – 3 years TPF System internals
- Strong TPF programming skills and in depth knowledge of the operating principles.
- 1 – 3 years of performance enhancement activities
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence cross functional teams, business partners and/or vendor partners, and technology leaders
- Must be able to thrive in an environment of heavy team interaction and collaboration.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field (or has equivalent work experience).
- Experience with Card authorization, merchant technologies and digital capabilities a plus.
- Experience in multiple IT disciplines.
- Agile development experience
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 13, 2019, 3:01:32 PM