American Express Careers
Director Assistant to Chief Technology Officer
The Director Assistant role directly supports the Chief Technology Officer (CTO). The Director Assistant is responsible for a broad range of activities including strategic, analytic and communications initiatives to help ensure the objectives of the organization are met. The incumbent will work closely and collaborate with all members of the team. He or she will possess outstanding thought leadership, strategic thinking, communication, and organizational skills, and will have a proven record of excellence operating independently and within a high performing team environment. This individual will also serve as a thought partner in determining direction for the Portfolio and Business Partners, in collaboration with the leadership team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the Office of the Chief Technology Officer and act as a central point of contact for urgent business issues, initiatives managed by Executive Office and managing information requests from the CIO’s office.
- End-to-end creation of impactful and comprehensive communications & presentations for key business reviews with senior management.
- Lead goal-setting and measurement process for the team.
- Manage business planning and operational processes driven through the CTO’s office (e.g. leadership team meetings, cost center management, Performance Management Process).
- The successful candidate is a strong strategic thinker who possesses the confidence and composure required to effectively communicate across a diverse set of constituents.
- Lead employee HR processes for activities including employee engagement, talent assessments and the PMP process and liaison with central and market HR.
- Coordinate office administration and ensure the seamless delivery of Technology and American Express information requests.
- Seek out and implement best practices and industry trends which can be leveraged to increase organizational efficiency and quality.
- Actively seek formal and informal feedback from employees to ensure maximum employee engagement and improve leadership effectiveness.
- Create good working relationships across the group as well as business partner groups to maximize information sharing, problem solving and idea generation for key business issues.
Technical fluency and proven work experience in Engineering, Project Management or HR.
- Experience with HR processes and disciplines and/or familiarity with American Express business groups preferred.
- Demonstrated project management, organization and planning skills applied in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Demonstrated ability to drive results, think strategically and globally.
- Passion, energy, personal accountability and a desire to learn and grow as a leader.
- Excellent interpersonal, judgment, communication and follow through skills.
- Solid analytical and financial acumen.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to take complex technical information and translate it into clear communications (presentations/memos) for a variety of audiences, e.g. senior management, employees, etc.
- Proven ability to navigate effectively and efficiently within American Express.
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to juggle multiple tasks, with excellent organization. skills and careful attention to detail.
- Outstanding interpersonal/ relationship building skills.
- A team player who is able to build consensus and work across a large and diverse organization.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, work effectively in ambiguous situations, and a willingness to take charge and drive results.
- Active listening skills, summarization skills and lateral thinking to uncover and react to emerging opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm under pressure and be flexible when faced with changing priorities.
- Able to deal with confidential information without exception.
- Typically holds a Bachelor's or Master's Degree (or has equivalent work experience)
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 26, 2019, 11:27:03 AM