American Express Careers
Don’t live life without it
American Express prides itself with innovation and embarking on exciting transformations driven by energetic teams of high performers. Our Web Development Teams are comprised of entrepreneurial engineers with strong inclinations towards action and leadership and the power to shape our technology and product roadmap.
As a UI Front-End Engineer you'll deliver innovative platforms at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across the digital web. You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering world-class card member experiences. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
- Serving as a core member of an agile team that leads user story analysis and elaboration, designs and develops software applications
- Responsible for the applications architecture, work/coordinate with other team’s architect, engineers and vendors as necessary
- Writing code and unit tests, automation, and conducting code reviews and testing
- Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement
- Working with product managers to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
- Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team
- Quickly generate and updating proof of concepts for testing and team feedback
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices
- Must have experience in using Version Controls like Git and Tools like Jira forth Agile methodologies.
- Experience with REACT/Redux preferred
- Expertise with building RESTful APIs
- Expertise in objected oriented analysis and design across a variety of platforms
- 2 + years of Java Experience
- Understanding of web performance optimization techniques.
- Thorough understanding of XML, JSON, Web Service technologies, and data structure fundamentals
- Experience with adaptive and responsive development techniques
- Aptitude for learning and applying programming concepts
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners
- Experience with a broad range of software languages and payments technologies is a plus.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 14, 2019, 11:35:03 AM