American Express Careers
Software Engineer- Full Stack Java Developer
About American Express
American Express is a global services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
We make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services through innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. GBS group provides a platform to automate procurement processes. We deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across web, mobile, social media and analytics for our global customer base. We are responsible for enabling self service capabilities and provides analytical recommendation and reports to our customers.
Purpose of the Role:
Do you love building creative, high-scale micro services using a diverse set of state of art technologies? We are looking for Sr. Engineer with real passion for transforming data centric applications to micro-services. You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering projects platform supporting our global customer base. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers. Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers.
• Own all technical aspects of software development, for the assigned applications. You’ll improve the enterprise system by innovating the business process with partners
• Lead the design, analysis, development and deployment efforts for assigned applications to solve complex business problem. Work in agile environment and own the Epic/User story analysis, development and deployment of features.
• Be a productivity multiplier for your team by analyzing your work flow and contributing to enable the team to be more effective, productive, and demonstrating faster and stronger results.
• Maintain code integrity and organization. Promote best practices in team and be a custodian for development practices in scrum team.
• Develop deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
• Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features
• Understand and implement security and data protection with in team
• Work with technical product managers contributing to blueprints, and assisting with annual planning of feature sets
• Manage your own time and work well both independently and as part of a team.
• Demonstrate increased self-reliance to achieve team goals. Influence team members with innovative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking
• Mentor and guide junior team members to success within the team
Critical Factors to Success:
• Owning and driving cross functional development with in team to provide consistent application user experience.
• Own a complete feature set across front end, back end and analytics.
• Think global and design for cloud.
• Own the SLA and success metrics for end user experience. Review the metrics regularly and iterate over code to improve overall experience.
6+ years of development experience
Must have worked in Java, Spring MVC
Must have worked on highly available, reliable and scaled micro services and web site
Must have knowledge of Couchbase database
Must understand performance testing
Preferably a BS or MS degree in Computer science, engineering or other technical discipline
Experince in agile development, design, development and testing
Experience with CI/CD
Ability to think abstarctly and deal with ambiguos/under-defined problems
Nice to have:
Experience in handling PII or PCI data
Splunk based reporting and OE dashboards
Dynatrace tool usage
Browser Developer tools
Mobile development Either iOS or Angular
Experience in creating and integrating with REST based services
Functional programing concepts
Strong problem solving skills
Knowledge of Platforms:
JAVA Full stack, React.JS, Spring MVC, CSS, HTTPS
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 16, 2019, 2:14:21 AM