American Express Enterprise Cloud platform (eCP) provides comprehensive platform that enables business critical applications to have Faster Time-to-Market for American Express. eCP offers fast-paced rapid code-to-development models and services such as Platform-as-a-Service, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, DB-as-a-Service, Analytics-as-a-Service, Messaging-as-a-Service, CICD Pipelines, etc. for application developers in a hybrid cloud environment. eCP enables Application developers to write modern scalable cloud native applications.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to pursue their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and teamwork, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to pursue a new career, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express
Don’t make a difference without it
Don’t live life without it
As an Engineer in the American Express Cloud Solutions Engineering team you will:
- Enable cloud native application architecture and patterns to enable application migration to cloud platform
- Partner with cloud platform engineering teams to build services and applications on both private and public cloud platforms
- Contribute to cloud migration patterns for a broad range of applications including distributed, database, big data, and COTS applications
- Partner with Enterprise Architecture and Application teams to build creative enterprise grade solutions on cloud
- Help drive the next generation hybrid cloud adoption strategy and execution
- Contribute to best-in-class developer experience on the cloud platform
You will play a key role in implementing solutions that enable cloud native application pattern adoption across American Express Technologies. You will partner closely with and support applications teams across the company to understand business critical, customer facing capabilities and provide first class cloud solutions that solve these challenges in a scalable, reusable manner.
- Function as an active member of an agile team by contributing to software builds through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
- Work closely with product managers, platform and application engineers to implement solutions to challenging problems
- Participate in code reviews and automated testing
- Debug basic software components and identify code defects for remediation
- Support and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments
- Influence team members with creative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking
- Up to 2 years of software development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience such as:
- Understanding of Agile or other rapid application development methods
- Exposure to design and coding across one or more platforms and languages as appropriate
- Exposure to methods relating to application design, software development, and automated testing
- General knowledge of distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Understanding of object-oriented design and coding with variety of languages
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 8, 2019, 1:02:52 PM