American Express Careers
Engineering Director - Digital Workplace (Content & Collaboration Technologies)
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express is entering into a technology transformation driven by opportunities to evolve end user computing. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our Content and Collaboration team and contribute in a start-up engineering team which will deliver the next generation messaging, social, collaboration, content, web and file for the mission critical American Express Global Infrastructure initiatives. The global platforms will deliver a framework to enable enterprise desktop, mobile & web application developers; building, provisioning and administrating, scale-out applications throughout the life cycle, from ideation, test and into production.
This individual will provide leadership in the fast paced, highly critical enterprise content management and digitize business workflows. Provide architecture, design, and vendor management oversight to help drive efficient processes to meet compliance, regulatory and business needs. Will own and drive engineering, vendor contracts and relationships with a strong understanding of various messaging and content scanning systems. Will be expected to drive strategic thinking and tactical implementations to continuously lead, manage and drive the ecosystems forward.
· 8+ years of active architecture, design, engineering, and content management implementation experience in a complex enterprise environment
· Expertise in content management platforms, development, business process automation
· 8 years or more experience in global people management, managing direct reports.
· Work in and lead scrum teams, participating in group planning, daily stand-up meetings and end of sprint demonstrations.
· Lead teams to design, plan and develop features to strict quality targets.
· Experience with solution architecture skills with wide-ranging experience and able to resolve complex issues in creative ways
· Extensive experience designing and implementing large scale platforms with resiliency and reliability.
· Create and refine product and feature requirements.
· Create scalable software that support over 50,000 users with multiple end points.
· Product experience with leading and delivering complex solutions.
· Engage and work with cross-functional leaders to understand and define business principles, goals and strategy within scope of responsibility.
· Communicate to senior leaders with regard to strategy direction and changes.
· Establish and clearly communicate strategy and progress to key stakeholders – acting as central liaison between all teams.
· Act as primary point of escalation for Directors/Technical Leads/Program Managers and resolve issues as necessary.
· Mentor Technical Managers/Leads to ensure key initiatives are managed with the rigor and professionalism necessary to deliver to world class levels.
· Experience in Content and Collaboration technologies (SharePoint, OneDrive, File Shares, Network Shares, Print Services)
· Experience in a software R&D environment with a track record of writing quality software
· Experience with development of cross-platform code
· Proven history of program delivery over multiple release cycles
· Proven track record of leading vendor teams to provide support and systems integration.
· Strong written, verbal communications, presentation skills, leadership, problem solving and analytical skills.
· Practical experience in effective time management, including the ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively
· Proven collaboration skills along with the ability to influence without authority
· Cultivate an environment of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
· Collaborate with peers and partners to drive solutions that align to strategic roadmaps, prioritized initiatives and strategic technology directions, and contributes to engineering best practices across the company
· Leverages market intelligence to introduce strategic new and impactful technologies based on research, and POC efforts
Preferred Additional: Financial services experience
· B.Sc./B.Eng/M.Sc/M.Eng in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent disciplines – emphasis on architecture, engineering and design
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 30, 2019, 4:39:54 PM