American Express Careers
VP Technology - Digital Workplace
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Provide a streamlined set of integrated device, app and user management functions across all corporate workspaces, enabling the quick and efficient delivery of impactful, evergreen IT capabilities and services.
- An OS and device-agnostic experience that provides the data and applications our colleagues need anywhere, on any network. Enables productivity in a manner that suits the individual without compromising the company’s compliance needs.
- Security that extends beyond the boundaries of the corporate environment to give our users appropriate, location-aware access to their workspaces, apps and data from any device over any compliance requirements of American Express.
- All colleague-facing applications are architected in such a way that they do not require installation, nor do they have a dependency on either operating system or device type.
- Focus on the customer as a platform for growth
- Bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
- Develop products and services to meet emerging needs of customers
- Craft the most seamless and secure digital experience for customers
- Set “THE” standard for customer experience
- Attract and engage the best colleagues in the industry
- Maintain safe and sound business practices, consistent with regulatory expectations
- Creative, passionate and experienced leader of both people and technology
- Provides consultation and support for all Digital Workplace initiatives in market and be an evangelist for technology
- Excited to participate evolving and driving Digital Workplace tools and services strategy
- Team Management savvy (e.g., planning, budgetary control, people management, vendor management, etc.)
- Knowledgeable and capable in all things Digital Workplace such as:
- Tools and deployments including the adoption methodologies required for large global enterprise environments
- Infrastructure, specifically in distributed systems (Windows, Mac OS, Linux), networks, and storage
- Mobile MDM (mobileIron, VmWare, blackberry) and MAM technologies (Blackberry, Microsoft, VmWare)
- Virtualization technologies (VmWare Horizon/Workspace One, Citrix XenDesktop, AppSense)
- EndPoint Security including Symantec, McAfee, Crowdstrike, Digital Guardian
- Software distribution across operating systems (including SCCM, JAMF, App Volumes)
- Enterprise-scale experience with communications (telecom, VoIP, SIP), collaboration (conferencing, chat, social, video) and productivity tools (Web, document management, search).
- Browser technologies and desktop middleware (Java, .Net, flash, Silverlight)
- Experienced with running 30k plus seat enterprise
- Understanding of network architecture, third party connectivity and active directory.
- Responsible for end user engagement/feedback/escalations on behalf of Digital Workplace (customer happiness, net promoter, etc.)
- Engaging with a positive leadership presence on campus also followership among the technology community
- Well versed in AGILE methodologies and Program Management methods
- Nurturing existing and new talent for growth opportunities in both technical and leadership roles
- Confident in influencing other technical leaders as well as business partners
- Educated with a preference on a technical degree
- Flexible to travel on a limited basis.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 29, 2019, 1:40:50 PM