American Express Careers
Financial Analysis Manager
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Finance is a collaborative team, playing a key role in advising all areas of the business. We have a strategic seat at the table and our unique insights are valued in a highly competitive marketplace and increasingly complex global regulatory environment. This team provides visibility into AXP’s past and future financial performance & drives decisions that enable the company to achieve its stated financial objectives. This team leads, coordinates & executes the key business planning processes and related analytics across American Express and focuses on process improvement through technology & best practices.
Purpose of the Role:
Ensure the integrity of the P&L through effective close control activities to maintain high accuracy and productivity standards
Perform root cause analysis on the type of queries received and respond appropriately
Participate in standardization and continuous improvement initiatives as well as other business partner initiatives
Ensure compliance with the prevailing policies and procedures.
Collaborate with multiple Finance partners to source information and deliver on customer expectations to business requirement
• Complete understanding & driving Management Reporting process at a Segment/Regional/Market/LOB level
• Understand business drivers & contribute to continuous improvement by expanding on our reporting capabilities through automation, consolidation of metrics / parameters, incorporating intuitive analysis and recommendation or by creating new intuitive technologies etc. by leveraging information using different tools to create reporting solutions.
• Support in-house projects with system knowledge to support in development of relevant reporting of Financial Statements with technological attributes/advancement
• Collaborate with multiple internal teams to drive optimal output and deliver efficient reporting capabilities through best in class Analytics and Reporting solutions
• Detailed review of the P&L along with variance analytics, trend analysis and commentary to cater to diverse customer requirements. Perform root cause analysis on the type of queries received and respond appropriately
• Ensure that all deadlines are continually met and adequate controls are maintained over the processes to ensure integrity of the information
• Ensure controls & compliance with prevailing policies & procedures
• Stakeholder relationship management
• Ability to work across multiple time zones
• Participate and contribute to the planning & forecasting process as required
QualificationsCritical Factors to Success:
Leverage technical knowledge in areas (such as data science, python, business intelligence tools, etc.) to develop end to end solutions in financial planning, investment management & decision support
• Accurately deliver on LOB/Segment P&L/statistical reporting & variance analysis
• Pro-actively develop meaningful data insights/trends to enable finance decision support to our customer’s/business partners/LFO’s for more effective planning, forecasting & investment decisions activities
• Develop, implement & maintain intelligent automated solutions for forecasting through enterprise technologies such as TM1
• Leverage functional knowledge to identify the appropriate business drivers impacting the outcomes in Financial planning & Investment management including scenario & sensitivity capabilities
Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders.
• Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
• Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
• Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day
1-3 years of past experience with,
• Prior experience of planning & forecasting
• Preferred: Knowledge of card business model & economics
MBA (Fin)/ CA / CPA with 1-3 years of experience
Strong understanding of P&L
• Strong understanding of LOB/Segment/P&L/ statistical reporting & variance analysis
• Understanding of financial domain
• Project management
Strong analytical skills with the ability to undertake cause effect analysis
• Mandatory financial modeling capability
• Knowledge of Automation & Testing
• Understanding of business products
Knowledge of Platforms:
Advanced MS office suits such as Excel, Word, Powerpoint Preferred:
• Ability to use platforms & tools such as TM1, Oracle, OBIEE, Cornerstone (Big Data), Essbase, SQL, Tableau
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 14, 2019, 5:19:49 AM