American Express Careers
Director - Client Management
- Lead a team of 6 senior client managers, supporting approximately 500+ Merchant accounts with more than $4B in charge volume.
- Develop and build a top-performing team to retain and drive increased American Express’ business (B2B and B2C) by growing revenue and improving share. This includes helping your team identify and expand existing business relationships, close acceptance gaps with Merchants, and develop strategic portfolio / account plans.
- Lead team to deepen their understanding of Merchant needs so they can align American Express’ value proposition and increase share by customizing and reinforcing our value proposition using financials.
- Cultivate a culture of learning, strong challenger sales and consultative relationship management.
- Define what winning looks like and collaborate with enterprise for mutual wins.
- Embrace the fast changing payments landscape and keep current with supply and demand, payment trends and economic and competitive indicators.
- Ensure that American Express is front and center for our valued clients. Modeling key sales behaviors and skills and balance deal vs. skill coaching.
- Increase Merchant Satisfaction and maximize profits with an enterprise thinking approach
- Proven people leader with demonstrated ability of building a top-performing sales and account development team. Key focus on B2B sales growth.
- Track record of driving superior sales results through others by providing strong thought leadership, clear prioritization / pipeline management, sound decision-making and creative problem-solving.
- Innovative leader who has strong change management skills and leads with a growth mindset. Willing and able to contribute directly to team efforts and results.
- Uses breakthrough thinking to generate insights, alternatives and opportunities for business growth/new merchant solutions. Strong business knowledge and financial acumen is a must.
- Strong demonstration of Challenger skills and ability to work with C level executives to grow revenues.
- Ability to collaborate, be flexible and manage change in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment. Use networks inside and outside the business to provide support in delivering goals.
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills. Ability to communicate frequently, candidly and clearly. Ability to listen and adapt/pivot approach.
- Existing people leader strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the Merchant / acquiring business and/or the U.S. payments industry are strongly preferred.
- Bachelors Required; MBA is a plus
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 6, 2019, 11:21:31 AM