American Express Careers
Accertify and InAuth are leading providers of fraud prevention, chargeback management, device intelligence and payment gateway solutions to customers spanning diverse industries worldwide.
Together, we have demonstrated tremendous growth and value to our impressive list of merchants that we protect. This continued rapid growth creates additional opportunities to continue to grow the value we provide to our Clients in decisioning, community and big data capabilities.
Millions of customers depend on our infrastructure, we depend on you.
The success of our entire company rests on our systems, networks, and people. Our Infrastructure engineers know that delivering on that promise takes a robust, scalable and efficient Infrastructure. So if you're an expert on infrastructure and know the value of supporting technology and the people who depend on it, build your career here!
Build a strong infrastructure and a solid career.
The best infrastructure isn't built in a day or even a year and it’s certainly not built without a team. Here’s just some of what you'll do:
Work with a team of Database Administrators to support the Accertify production environments and test environments. DBA's would be expected to have a background in the following:
- Design and deployment of new database related infrastructure.
- Supporting and troubleshooting internal/external issues with while interfacing with users.
- Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of databases
- Work with the team to ensure that the associated hardware resources are allocated to the databases and to ensure high availability and optimum performance.
- Proactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimal downtime.
- Responsible for providing trend analysis to the service management team to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource management.
- Responsible for problem escalation to Oracle Development team and third parties as appropriate.
- Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases.
- Responsible for implementation and release of database changes as submitted by the development team
- 5+ years of Oracle database Administration experience
- 5+ years of Oracle Data Guard experience
- 2+ years of PostgreSQL experience desired
- 2+ years of MySQL experience is desired
- ETL tools, implementation, and design experience
- Strong PL/SQL*Loader and shell scripting required
- Familiarity with materialized views
- Familiarity with data-warehousing and supporting multiple data warehouses
- Experience of working in a team that delivers a high availability service
- Practical experience in monitoring and tuning a database to provide a high availability service
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 6, 2019, 8:14:58 AM