American Express Careers
Industrial Engineer / Data Analyst
- Primary responsibility is to support a workstream, by leading and driving projects, assessments, and consulting.
- Lead engineering projects leveraging project management best practices.
- Leverage engineering technical expertise to lead assessments and drive results in projects.
- Drive projects and improvements to implementation for optimized business outcomes.
- Deliver reduction in operating expenses through projects to achieve aggressive financial targets.
- Identify, assess, and develop new project opportunities.
- Partner with multiple organizations including Finance, Operations, Capabilities, Technologies, Compliance, Marketing, 3rd party vendors, and others to drive results.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Engineering Management, Supply Chain, Analytics, or equivalent required.
- Exceptional data analysis, analytics, and modeling skills and experience.
- Strong project management experience and skills.
- Results driven with the ability to effectively manage initiatives to completion.
- Adept at problem solving and quantitative analysis using superior analytical skills.
- Understanding of continuous process improvement & problem solving methodologies.
- Strong ability to translate data analytics into impactful insights and actionable outcomes.
- Adept at developing solution options, recommendations, and proposals.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently or in teams.
- Ability to communicate with in a clear, consistent manner.
- Strong demonstrated ability to build relationships and collaborate.
- Strong sense of personal accountability and demonstrated self-starter.
- Experience, knowledge, and application of core engineering principles and methodologies. Such as: complex problem solving; cost benefit analysis; project management; strategic planning; data analytics; statistics; probability; operations research; simulation; data mining; regression analysis; forecasting; predictive modeling; quality control; statistical process control; work/motion study; design of experiments; Six Sigma; Lean; process mapping; value stream mapping; and such.
- 0-4 years of work experience, internships, or relevant experience.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 7, 2019, 12:07:47 PM