American Express Careers
Director, GCS Program Management
The Issue Management team within the Global Commercial Services Operational Excellence team puts the Customer at the center of everything that we do by proactively detecting and addressing issues that could cause Customer harm or dissatisfaction, ensuring regulatory needs are met while enabling business goals; and if there is an issue, we remediate quickly and accurately, implementing solutions that eliminate reoccurrence.
The Issue Management team manages escalated issues across GCS. This includes Operational Risk Events & Corrective Actions, Complaints Analytics & Oversight, Client Pain Point management, Escalated Production Issues, Customer Crisis Response, GCS AML/KYC/Sanctions/PEPs regulatory enhancements, Data Analytics & Reporting Center of Excellence for GCS Operational Excellence, and management of large issues that require program and project management.
The Director of Issue Program Management will drive a team that manages large multi-year programs focused on resolving large issues across GCS that are not directly tied to a single product.
- Lead a global team responsible for driving key Operational Excellence-Issue management programs and timely adherence to Business Unit control rating requirements.
- Provide leadership and governance over key programs requirements; ensuring there is adequate accountability, ownership and progress on all initiatives and requirements.
- Direct remediation efforts of key breakdowns with a clean understanding of the extent of customer impacts and financial loss to the company.
- Work with various control partners as well as other functional teams to articulate their needs of Issue Resolution and Remediation
- Partner with technical and functional groups in defining system and process solutions towards prevention efforts as well as understanding of overall control environment.
- Be the trusted advisor for the business leaders for all matters related to Operational Excellence and influence product and process design to prevent breakdowns in the future.
- Identify high residual-risk areas and emerging risk themes and identify potential risks or process gaps in order to prevent critical process and system failure and escalate observations to senior leadership.
- Strong Program Management, Project Management, Relationship Management, and Analytical Skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and with a strong track record of delivering on within promised deadlines periodically and with highest quality.
- Ability to understand large complex processes and translate technical process jargon into simpler messages suited for all levels of the organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong ability to communicate a compelling story at executive levels. Need to have the ability to work with senior stakeholders to highlight status and actionable goals for success of the program.
- Strong relationship management skills with the ability to influence without authority.
- Strong focus on execution and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Operational Risk, Operational Excellence and other key Control and Compliance policies of American Express.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills including collaborating and influencing abilities with proven ability to operate successfully across the matrix.
- Demonstrates creative and highly collaborative approach to solving problems with a strong track record of delivering on time and with highest quality.
- Strong people/colleague leadership experience, including in a virtual and matrixed environment
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 13, 2019, 7:53:06 PM