American Express entered the travel agency business in 1915 and today is one of the world’s largest luxury travel and lifestyle services networks. The Travel & Lifestyle Services (TLS) business provides easy access and extraordinary service for Card Members seeking leisure or business travel, as well as a variety of lifestyle services.
TLS serves both premium and non-premium Card Members around the world in numerous ways via several servicing channels including our telephone service centers (predominantly for premium Card Members) and market specific travel websites.
The Design Engineering and Analytics team is a global team within the Global Engineering and Operations organization in TLS. Our role is to support and enable the TLS global business to operate in a more efficient and streamlined servicing model by applying analytical insights in order to improve the customer end to end journey, optimize processes and drive increased productivity.
We are looking for an analyst to join our team. This position is responsible for developing actionable insights, designing and delivering insightful analyses related to improving the customer journey, servicing efficiency and defect elimination. They will be required to understand in detail both frontline and back office processes and work with large data inputs related to customer and consultant transactions. They will need work closely across most areas of TLS such as change management, work force management and finance. They will need to consult and coordinate appropriate SME knowledge and work closely with operational leadership to verify opportunities and sustain the business transformation and reengineering pipeline.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
* Six sigma green belt / Process engineering skill set
* Keen attention to detail with deep quantitative and analytical skills and demonstrated capacity to solve problems
* Ability to view a process through the customer’s lens. Demonstration in understanding differing customer needs in various markets and passion for the customer and consultant experience
* Servicing center experience, including strong knowledge of key operational metrics, levers and various servicing strategies
* Understanding of processes and ability to process map
* Project management qualifications such as Agile, Method 1 / Project management experience preferable
* Confident and clear communication; strong ability to influence leaders and drive change
* Ability to challenge upwards and influence without direct authority, knowing when to escalate to ensure alignment and timely completion of projects
* Experience in travel industry or TLS is a strong plus
* Solid understanding of capabilities and ability to “speak tech and/or travel” when necessary
* Ability to work on a global scale and potentially work out of hours if required
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 10, 2019, 12:55:04 PM