American Express entered the travel agency business in 1915 and today is one of the world’s largest luxury travel and lifestyle services networks. The Travel & Lifestyle Services (TLS) business provides easy access and extraordinary service for Card Members seeking leisure or business travel, as well as a variety of lifestyle services. Recently combined from previously separate US and International units, the TLS business now has an exciting opportunity to leverage the power of a true global network by connecting premium customers to lifestyle specialists around the world.
The American Express Travel and Lifestyle Servicing team is looking for a driven and self-motivated professional for an exciting role in New York City. The New York Destination Manager will be a local specialist in all aspects of luxury lifestyle including dining, retail, arts and entertainment and bespoke tours. The perfect candidate for the role is a trend-setter with strong professional relationships in the hospitality space and is excited to leverage those relationships for the benefit of our customers.
The New York Destination Managers will be the primary point of contact for Global Centurion Card Members traveling into New York City. They will provide a truly personalized experience by fulfilling lifestyle, dining, and arts and entertainment requests. This exclusive role will work with global colleagues to provide a seamless experience for our Card Members and act as an ambassador for their client portfolio. In order to provide clients with top level servicing, the Destination Manager will engage Card Members through telephone and email and face-to-face servicing will also be required. He/she will also be responsible for developing and managing relationships with local luxury suppliers in order to gain access and VIP treatment for our customers.
In addition to servicing American Express’ most premium Card Member, the Destination Manager will collaborate with internal teams by sharing local expertise through a knowledge management system in order to share local trends and recommendations with colleagues around the world. The Destination Servicing team elevates the servicing model within American Express and the candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to the overall growth and evolution of the program through various strategic projects.
This position will be based in the New York office.
• Provide tailored consultative service to American Express’ most premium Card Member
• Respond quickly to customer requests and needs as a priority
• Build and leverage supplier relationships to enable unique experiences for the customer
• Stay abreast of the latest New York trends including new restaurant openings, theater, shopping, and museums
• Use networks inside and outside the business to provide support in delivering goals
• Shares destination expertise and knowledge on an ongoing basis to support all teams within American Express
• Proactively support colleagues and collaborate with a global team
• Provide thought-leadership and actively participate in team projects
• 2-3 years of experience in a Luxury Lifestyle/Hospitality role.
• Proven interpersonal and client consultation skills.
• Excellent verbal and written business communication.
• Strong knowledge and passion of NY area, trends, and luxury spaces.
• Ability to work within a global team of highly motivated individuals.
• Must be comfortable servicing in Face to Face environment when required.
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
• Creative problem solver that works well under pressure.
• Ability to build professional relationships with a High Value Premium Card Members.
• Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external partners to drive a positive experience for the customer.
• Highly self-motivated and able to work without direct supervision
• Comfortable working as part of an evolving team and embraces change
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 7, 2019, 1:58:30 PM