American Express Careers
Manager— Global Accounting Policy and Advisory
- Support GAPA Directors and VPs in providing thought leadership and ongoing technical accounting advisory services on transactions from conceptualization through execution.
- Collaborate with business partners to understand operational and controls implications for proposed structures / transactions, in order to ensure efficiency from a deal structuring perspective.
- Interact with the company’s internal and external auditors as required to align on accounting conclusions.
- Support the development and implementation of technical accounting policies and emerging GAAP, as they relate to American Express.
- Remain current with accounting, regulatory and finance developments relevant to the role, and contribute to Finance capabilities by participating in, developing and delivering training in areas of core expertise.
- Support the Company’s financial reporting objectives by providing guidance on complex accounting issues within areas of subject matter expertise, researching accounting topics and otherwise reviewing and assisting in the resolution of technical accounting and financial reporting issues as they arise.
- Professional accounting experience, including experience at a large public accounting firm and/or experience in researching and solving technical accounting issues.
- Strong technical accounting aptitude, with the demonstrated ability to research and form opinions on technically complex areas in which one was not previously familiar.
- The ability to develop optimal and compliant solutions to accounting and financial objectives while being able to articulate complicated accounting concepts to a variety of audiences.
- An affinity and ability for developing strong relationships, and excellent collaborative skills.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 7, 2019, 9:27:32 AM