American Express Careers
Exec/Admin Assistant I
The Global Servicing Learning Network (GSLN) is responsible for creating and delivering successful learning programs across the Global Servicing Network (GSN) for our newly hired colleagues and ensures that they continue to learn and develop throughout their tenure with the company. We support over 20,000 colleagues across the globe in 9 languages and in 20+ markets.
We are embarking on a multi-year, multi-million-dollar transformation across all aspects of our business with an exciting new initiative called Chrysalis. Our vision is to create a next generation learning ecosystem that will deliver personalized and continuous learning at an accelerated pace to provide a consistent, world class customer experiences every day.
We are looking for an Executive Assistant who can provide exceptional administrative support, but who is also interested in pursuing additional opportunities to engage in project work and position themselves for future advancement. Through this role, you will have an opportunity help to shape the future of learning at American Express.
This role supports one VP and several directors in GSLN’s Phoenix market.
*Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions. *
Consistently deliver against the following responsibilities with a high level of quality, timeliness and accuracy:
- Coordination and oversight of internal and external business meetings, making all necessary arrangements including sending invitations, reserving facilities, audio, Telepresence and visual setup, transportation, catering and production of meeting materials.
- Calendar management, including coordination of complex meetings with internal and external parties, across multiple time zones, and management of calendar conflicts.
- Proactively manage invites to maximize meeting attendance and ensure the participation of critical stakeholders
- Making travel arrangements including air, hotel & transfers
- Preparing, reconciling and processing of expense reports in line with company and organization requirements using Concur Expense System.
- Reviewing and evaluating expense reports submitted by Direct Reports for leader approval
- Managing general follow-up and generating reminders in order to effectively meet deadlines and commitments.
- Organizing regular team meetings, 1:1s with Direct Reports and other team members, Town Halls, round table meetings and teambuilding activities, including agenda prep, note taking, and material preparation.
- Establishing and maintaining an organized digital and manual filing systems
- Producing presentations, documents and general correspondence
- Support the on-boarding and off-boarding processes of team members and contractors by leveraging appropriate processes/partners/tools to submit requests into Ariba, organize first/final days and arrange for work space, phones, Corporate Cards, etc.
- Procuring contractors/consultants and temporary staff by completing SOWs Ad hoc project work, as directed by leadership
- Planning or assisting in the planning and hosting of Senior Leader site visits that may include attendee invites, hotel/transportation arrangements, conference room reservations, catering/restaurant reservations, teambuilding activities and production of materials.
- Ability to develop and deliver effective verbal and written communications to clearly convey information and/or to influence thinking or action.
Planning and Organizing Work:
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with a strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities, work within deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and execute across multiple initiatives/tasks
- Ability to develop plans and lead efforts to accomplish work operations and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to identify problems, determine possible solutions, and actively work to resolve issues
- High level of proficiency using MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as internal AXP (or related) tools and systems – WebEx, webcam, phone functions, MS Outlook, Ariba, Concur, Payroll, SharePoint, CareerTrack and myHR.
- Ability to grasp and use new systems and tools to achieve work objectives.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship and networking skills to build and maintain effective professional relationships across all areas of the organization.
- Ability to interact effectively and diplomatically with executives and executive assistants across the organization.
Emotional Intelligence & Presence:
- Strong accountability, sense of responsibility and commitment to the role, the leader(s) and the team.
- Flexible, adaptable and responsive to changing requirements
- Ability to be proactive and take the initiative to anticipate and address needs; resourcefulness.
- Ability to operate with a high level of integrity for handling sensitive and confidential information
- Possess a strong work ethic, be self-motivated and be a team player
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm under pressure
- Minimum 2 years of executive administrative support experience within a large organization preferred
- Experience working in a learning organization would be beneficial
- Exposure or experience with project management is a plus
- Possess confidence and professionalism
- Punctual and reliable
- Strong desire for career advancement along with a passion for individual learning and self-improvement
- Willingness to take on out-of-scope responsibilities as the need arises
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 10, 2019, 1:49:41 PM