American Express Careers
Big Data Linux Engineer
Accertify and InAuth are leading providers of fraud prevention, chargeback management, device intelligence and payment gateway solutions to customers spanning diverse industries worldwide.
Together, we have demonstrated tremendous growth and value to our impressive list of merchants that we protect. This continued rapid growth creates additional opportunities to continue to grow the value we provide to our Clients in decisioning, community and big data capabilities.
Millions of customers depend on our infrastructure, we depend on you.
The success of our entire company rests on our systems, networks, and people. Our Infrastructure engineers know that delivering on that promise takes a robust, scalable and efficient Infrastructure. So if you’re an expert on infrastructure and know the value of supporting technology and the people who depend on it, build you career here.
Build a strong infrastructure and a solid career.
The best infrastructure isn’t built in a day or even a year and it’s certainly not built without a team. Here’s just some of what you’ll do:
- Manage large scale multi-tenant Hadoop cluster environments in a hybrid environment from an OS/application/hardware perspective.
- Implement and administer the overall Hadoop, Mapr, and DataStax infrastructure to include backup and recovery.
- Capacity planning and estimating requirements for lowering or increasing capacity of clusters.
- Perform and automate all Big Data infrastructure/environment builds to include: design, security, cluster configuration, performance tuning, and ongoing monitoring.
- Perform high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for the Big Data clusters.
- Research and recommend automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Creation of key performance metrics. Measuring the utilization, performance, and overall health of the cluster.
- Collaborate with product managers, lead engineers, and data scientists on all facets of the Big Data ecosystem.
- Possess at least 3 years of managing a multi-tenant production Hadoop environment.
- Previous roles as a Linux/Senior Linux Engineer required.
- An understanding of Hadoop internals, cluster connectivity, security and the factors that affect distributed system performance.
- Proven experience with identifying and resolving hardware and software related issues.
- Knowledge of best practices related to security, performance, and disaster recovery.
- Experience with change management procedures.
- Knowledge of high degree configuration management and automation tools like Ansible for non-trivial installation.
- Good understanding of OS concepts, process management and resource scheduling.
- Basics of networking, CPU, memory and storage.
- Ability to work in a team environment in a collaborative manner.
- Ability to concentrate on a wide range of loosely defined complex situations, which require creativity and originality, where guidance and counsel may be unavailable.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 6, 2019, 8:13:32 AM