American Express Careers
The Global Merchant Services (GMS) Pricing team is responsible for the single largest source of American Express’ revenue: Merchant discount revenue. The team works closely with multiple business partners to determine the ideal pricing structure to encourage merchant acceptance of American Express, while striving to improve coverage and merchant satisfaction. Ultimately, we drive merchant revenue and profit growth through customer-centric pricing principles, more flexible pricing architecture and innovative pricing solutions.
The Senior Manager of Merchant Pricing – Global Client Group (GCG) team is responsible for managing the pricing strategy and financial analyses for several of American Express’ largest global merchant relationships. This position will also drive the merchant pricing and commercial negotiation strategy for several of the most strategic accounts across a variety of different industries (retail, online, lodging, car rental, etc.).
The Senior Manager is also responsible for supporting important broad-scale pricing initiatives aimed at preserving our merchant discount rate while balancing the organization’s goal for growing profitable charge volume and merchant expansion; essential to the strength of our business.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to gain deep knowledge of the Merchant business, as well as exposure to and insight from senior leaders across the Blue Box. The Senior Manager should be a dynamic individual who can work closely with senior leaders and has the right ambition to drive change.
- 4+ years of experience with a Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Strategic thought leader with the ability to work through unstructured problems and develop clear action plans
- Strong aptitude for analytics; demonstrated ability to develop sophisticated financial models and draw value-added insights from large amounts of financial data
- Strong relationship management and collaboration skills with the ability to influence others in situations where there may be different goals
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral -- with experience leading discussions with Senior Leaders where decisions need to be made based on the facts presented
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment, which places a premium on driving results
- Creative thinker who is willing to question traditional ways of doing things and develop new approaches to old challenges
- Strong project management skills with full ownership from analysis through to implementation
- Passionate focus on the customer; demonstrated desire to understand and solve for customer needs
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple requests and prioritize accordingly
- Capacity to remain calm and flexible under pressure
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 8, 2019, 10:59:20 AM