American Express Careers
Manager/Sr. Manager – Credit Risk Oversight
The incumbent will strengthen Individual Credit Risk management at American Express by conducting independent portfolio monitoring and credit risk assessments, developing and maintaining automated monitoring rules, reviewing credit risk processes, and taking part in projects that provide effective challenge to credit risk teams. This role requires that significant credit risk is properly evaluated and effectively communicated. The role enables exposure to a broad range of credit processes in Risk Management with the opportunity to work with and impact numerous diverse businesses at American Express. The breadth of responsibilities in this role provides a great training ground for a candidate looking to understand the key principles of individual credit risk management at American Express.
Detailed responsibilities include:
- Design, implement, and maintain automated decision rules with objective to fully monitor Credit Risk Processes
- Review of risk decision logic and assessment of their impact on portfolio credit performance
- Provide effective challenge to decisions and strategies proposed by Credit Risk management teams
- Collaboration with Business Unit Risk teams to enhance decision processes or address major credit performance volatility
- Close and robust monitoring of portfolio risks trends, including industry-level monitoring
- In-depth, end-to-end knowledge of Credit Risk Management process framework and system
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen with a risk-reward control perspective
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and stakeholders under pressure
- Proven ability to build collaborative, trusting relationships
- Demonstrated ability to independently drive results as a self-starter
- Ability to communicate appropriately at every level of the organization, including credit risk peers, business partners and senior executives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of achieving goals and exhibiting good leadership
- Experience with at least one data manipulation tool (e.g.: SQL, SAS, HIVE/HADOOP, R, Python) required
- Bachelor degree in a quantitative field is required (e.g., Statistics, Engineering, Economics, or Operations Research). Advanced Degree is preferred.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 7, 2019, 8:35:50 AM