American Express Careers
- Lead the transformation of Amex Architecture Governance processes to align with Agile development
- Own and contribute to design pattern standards into the Enterprise Building Code and building tools which automate the measurement of platform conformance
- Help with implementation of software design strategy across multiple platforms
- Continue the evolution of Central, the common software asset tracking program
- Continue the evolution of Continuous Architecture platform health check program (COACH)
- Deliver tooling that automates open source ingestion and consumption whenever possible while protecting American Express’ brand and intellectual property
- Experience with best practices in modern distributed system design for availability, scalability, reliability and performance
- Understanding of containerization technologies including Docker and Kubernetes.
- Technical expert and self-starter in ideation, design and learning.
- Strong communicator with both technical and non-technical peers.
- Proven success in, and genuine enthusiasm for, working directly with technical teams to empower them through mentorship and training
- Strong “hands on” experience with modern API technology and design.
- Passion for staying on top of tech trends and best practices by experimenting with and learning new technologies.
- Proven ability to develop highly technical engineering solutions.
- The ability to attract and retain a technical team.
- 7+ years IT experience with at least 3 years of experience leading and building teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 8, 2019, 11:56:57 AM