American Express Careers
Engineer (ASP.NET) - Converged Infrastructure
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
- Designs and develops well architected software development solutions in web based applications.
- Functions as a member of an agile team by contributing to software builds through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
- Participates in code reviews and automated testing
- Debugs software components and identifies code defects for remediation
- Enables the deployment, support and monitoring of software across test, integration, and product environments
- Automates deployments in test or production environments
- Automatically scales applications based on project demands
- Demonstrates increased self-reliance to achieve team goals
- Demonstrates a willingness to cross-train others and receive cross-training to constantly improve team skills
- Influences team members with innovative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking
- Participates in retrospectives/post implementation reviews to ensure quality standards are adhered to during development and implementation
- Extracts / manipulates data from relational databases; writes simple to complex analytical queries for metrics and/or development and uses tools to load / retrieve data from various data sources
- Delivers enterprise business intelligence analytics based on business requirements, analyzing reporting, utilizing software to generate metrics, data discovery applications, dashboards and scorecards, validating and/or modeling data
- Documents programming work, both inline and in separate documentation
- Accountable to team for completing tasks and deliverables as agreed upon
- Accountable to team for delivering quality work
- Up to 5 years of software development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience such as:
- Familiar with Agile or rapid application development methods including DevOps and CI/CD
- Experience with development support tools like Visual Studio 2017, JIRA, GIT/BitBucket, Confluence, Docker, Jenkins, Selenium, Slack, XLR/Lara
- Experience with data-modeling, data warehousing concepts/methodologies, relational database design, and how BI tools interact with underlying data structures
- Familiarity with API programming, micro services, release planning, CI/CD, DevOps, AmEx DTC, SSL, Windows/Linux server administration and maintenance
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms and/or relational databases
- Demonstrated experience with object-oriented design and coding in a variety of languages
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science engineering, or related experience required
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies to enable business capabilities
- Keeps up to date on current research and technology in the industry
- Recognizes the importance of teamwork to achieve objectives
- Clearly communicates ideas and concepts to others
- Identifies opportunities within projects and acts on own initiative without being prompted, including making appropriate decisions as necessary
- Provides feedback to team members in code reviews
- Influences team members with innovative changes and continuous improvements
- Agile Methodologies
- Designs, codes, tests, maintains, and documents applications
- Defines test conditions based on requirements and specifications provided
- Ability to understand and leverage complex data structures and associated components
- Has mastery of core tools used in planning, analyzing, designing, building, testing, configuring, and maintaining applications(s)
- Mastery of infrastructure technologies and components
- Agile Practices
- Adaptive communication
- Industry and Company Knowledge
- Technical Acumen
- Technology Industry Trends
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Continuous Improvement
- Servant Leadership
- Emerging Technologies
- Programing/Software Development
- System Design
- Business Analysis
- Data Management
- Release and Deployment
- Systems Development Management
- User Experience Evaluation and Analysis
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 25, 2019, 2:45:56 PM