American Express Careers
Director-Experience Design and Product Development
American Express is a global services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. We make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services through innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions
Digital Acquisition is one of the largest investments in American Express - Global Consumer and Global Commercial Services Group and the Enterprise Digital Demand Generation Team (EDDG), builds platforms, products and programs to help drive profitable and efficient digital demand generation at scale. Our mission is to develop the most advanced digital demand generation program across any industry.
We are looking for a talented Product leader to join our EDDG Acquisition Products team. Reporting into the VP Enterprise Digital Acquisition Products, you will lead strategy, Experience Design and Product Development for the Global Commercial Services Shopping Experience, incorporating both Card and Non-Card Products across Global Markets. Your objective will be to deeply understand Customer needs when they come to site in order to maximize conversion revenues through prioritizing and delivering the highest impact solutions.
You will work among high performing engineering, product, analytics and marketing teams. You will have a passion for both technology and business strategy in order to develop product roadmaps and prioritize features that optimize shareholder value while solving user problems. You will enjoy being challenged in a fun, collaborative, diverse and inclusive team environment.
Does this sound like you?
· Lead and motivate a team of Product Owners and UX Designers to deliver and continuously optimise solutions for the GCS Shop
· Own the US and Int’l Product Roadmaps and Backlogs working with the GCS Marketing Teams to ensure the scrum teams and backlog is aligned to business goals and priorities, and is continuously delivering valuable software
· Deliver simple, clear, effective user experiences across device (PC, Tablet, Mobile)
· Drive solutioning and product delivery in partnership with other Product partners and Marketing teams through agile processes;
· Partner with experience optimisation and analytics teams to better understand the Customer, Customer problems and potential opportunities that increase engagement, reduce friction and maximise channel performance;
· Partner to implement and expand a robust test and learn program;
· Partner with Engineering and Design to continuously assess and improve the agile working practices of the team, reducing waste, improving throughput and maximising the delivery of value;
· Partner with Engineering to continuously invest in and maintain the health of your Product.
· Continuously engage with partners to maintain product transparency, build trust and address concerns and challenges.
· Keep up to date with industry and competitor developments in the referral marketing space.
· 7+ years working within a digital product software development team
· In depth knowledge and demonstrated experience of agile processes and principles
· A strong background in strategy and strategic planning
· Demonstrated negotiation and influencing skills at senior levels of an organisation;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience working with senior leaders
· Able to build positive relationships, influence decisions and make things happen
· Comfortable with constructive conflict
· Highly organized, self-starter, comfortable working in white space
· An ability to work in a deadline driven environment with a fast pace and changing needs
· Attention to detail and a keen understanding of analytics
· Demonstrated ability to articulate a vision and motivate, inspire and challenge a high performing team to achieve that vision;
· Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Sciences or related field highly desired
· Master’s degree or MBA is a plus
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 9, 2019, 3:32:55 PM