American Express Careers
Business / Reports Analyst
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive.
We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The Governance team is part of Global Servicing Group (GSG) and is responsible for performing quality checks (both Customer Care Professional level and regulatory checks) for servicing operations. The nature of the work needs best in class Management Information and reporting and strategizing targeted testing and automation strategies.
The incumbent will be responsible for assisting in the provision of governance strategy and targeted management information, business reporting and analysis.
This will involve building a strong positive relationship with all the GSG Business Unit level leadership and understanding the current business plans and the key business drivers that impact the functional business performance. Through this role, the incumbent will assist the Governance team to identify risks and opportunities that will enhance operational compliance & efficiency.
Are you ready for anything? Here are just some of the things that you can expect when you become a part of our growing team:
- Responsible for organizing, tracking and analyzing data for use by the Governance leadership in strategic decision making.
- Standardization of Governance reporting infrastructure and providing Business Insights to Governance leadership to drive Business Decision.
- Active involvement and leadership in the delivery of Governance MIS reporting packages. Develop key understanding of the resulting data elements and key business trends.
- Perform business’s operational analysis to deliver insight into operational performance and develop business case solutions
- Candidate should be able to create/build excel based reports with proper linkages
- Preferably, the candidate should have the ability to extract data from multiple platforms, collate and link it logically & ensure timely report generation for leadership
- Ability to present analysis / reports within tight deadlines
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
- Bachelor's degree PREFERRED
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint proficiency REQUIRED. Understanding of Cornerstone / Hive / Hadoop / Database Architecture would be A PLUS
- Trend Analysis (root cause analysis) skills REQUIRED
- Strong presentation skills, including the ability to synthesize complex data into clear presentation decks
- Excellent communication skills: articulate and effective.
Once screened and invited by the Talent Acquisition team, expect at least 2-3 interviews (through video call or fact-to-face) to happen after.
Our service operates over a 24/7 environment and we are hiring for various shifts - may have to work primarily during day or mid shift including weekends and holidays.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 8, 2019, 2:29:07 AM