American Express Careers
Senior Financial Analyst, Credit & Fraud Risk Finance
The Credit & Fraud Risk Finance team is responsible for the planning, forecasting, and analysis of worldwide Loss Provision and Credit Reserves. Risk Finance provides credit-related decision support to Risk Management, regional Finance teams, and the business teams on underwriting, customer management, and credit and collections activities.
This finance role works closely with both Risk Management and the Global Servicing Network to develop and assess the impact of collections and recoveries. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to gain deep knowledge of risk finance and understand the interaction between Global Servicing Network and Risk Management.
- Provide credit-related analytical support for Risk Management, in partnership with the Global Servicing Network
- Provide decision-support with a strong emphasis on developing analytics that identify trends in the portfolio which can be used to optimize Business and Risk decisions
- Manage forecasting and analysis of Global Outside Agency Fees and Recoveries
- Build core competency in analyzing data at the customer level (primarily via SQL)
- Develop and present key analyses and recommendations to senior management
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and support as required
- Must be able to apply quantitative techniques and financial modeling skills to translate data into meaningful business dynamics and/or solutions
- Must be results-driven and proactive with the ability to manage multiple projects and work within tight timelines
- Able to think strategically and have the relationship skills necessary to partner and drive results in a cross-functional team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to present on a regular basis to senior management
- 1-3 years of relevant finance / business work experience
- Experience working with an advanced level of Excel and PowerPoint required
- Experience working with SQL, Python/R, Tableau, Essbase, and TM1 is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 9, 2019, 4:24:46 PM