American Express Careers
American Express is looking for a Data Scientist to join the Human Resources organization. In this position you will gather, manipulate, and explore large datasets to test hypotheses, create forecasts, and extract useful insights. You will apply your deep expertise in analytics - from classic statistics to machine learning and network theory - to inform programs focused on employee retention, collaboration, inclusion, and key talent. The individual must be highly data driven, technically proficient, intellectually curious, and an effective communicator.
- Merge structured, semi-structured and unstructured data from several systems to highlight company trends related to recruiting, developing, engaging and retaining talent
- Develop hypotheses, document assumptions, and perform complex data analysis to generate insights that support the HR analytics needs of the business
- Prepare presentations and documentations of complex statistical concepts and research results to be shared with non-statistical audience and senior stakeholders
- Assume responsibility and ownership of the projects to meet deadlines
- Execute projects using UNIX, SQL, R, Python, SAS, Excel, PowerPoint, and Tableau
- Master's degree in a discipline with predominantly quantitative aspects, e.g. data science, statistics, economics, or a quantitative degree
- Strong modeling experience in both supervised and unsupervised learning.
- Significant programming experience in Python, R, or SAS
- Hands-on attitude to own and execute end-to-end analytical projects; must be able to develop expertise on the HR data and produce modeling-ready datasets.
- Ability to learn quickly and work within tight deadlines; must take personal initiative and will assume responsibility and ownership; ability to work on multiple projects; high attention to detail
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
How You'll Stand Out
- Work experience using analytics to solve business problems in complex organizations
- People Analytics experience
- 3+ years of programming experience in R or Python
- Proven experience communicating results to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong consultative skills and the ability to build relationships with cross-functional partners
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285
- Visa Sponsorship: Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 7, 2019, 12:34:43 PM