American Express Careers
Director - Model Risk Management
The position will lead a team of seasoned risk managers to elevate our model risk governance enterprise wide and build new capabilities that will strengthen model risk management for the company. This team will also lead the effort to ensure the ever-increasing regulatory expectations in the area of model risk management are fulfilled in a disciplined and consistent manner. The successful candidate will partner with various risk teams and tech partners across AXP to enable business growth while minimizing surprises. This position offer excellent opportunities to develop a company wide, strategic view of model risk and to interact with senior management. The demand for relevant skills and experiences has increased sharply in the industry
Specifically, the candidate responsibilities will include:
- Manage regulatory exams as well as the internal audit reviews including providing direct support to MRMG.
- Coordinate across first and second line model leadership to drive standardization of policy, procedures and standards.
- Manage aggregate model risk reporting and Risk Appetite framework
- Manage model risk capabilities (Enterprise Model Manager – the centralized model inventory and change management system; Model Data Manager – The centralized model data repository)
- Develop team talent for succession and success at American Express
Strong communication skills will be needed to:
- Clearly articulate and interpret regulatory and model governance guidelines
- Effectively present to senior level executives including heads of business units, modeling teams and Bank Chief Risk Officers
- Create informative power point presentations to communicate modeling considerations and business impact
- Excellent project management skills and team work
In addition, strong analytical/technical skills will be required including:
Experience in leading and managing complex risk projects from design to implementation
Superior analytical and technical skills (SAS, SQL)
Attention to details with strategic view and result oriented
In-depth knowledge of AXP risk data, system and decision processes is preferred
Strong thought leadership and ability to influence business partners
Advanced degree required (Phd a plus)
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 12, 2019, 8:52:45 AM