American Express Careers
Engineer - Fullstack React+Java
Don’t live life without it
Do you have the ability to put together unique cutting-edge customer facing solutions that increase business value and customer engagement by leveraging strong architectural and UX principles and that are data driven? Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills to help influence and drive results across a diverse organization.
American Express is embarking on an exciting digital transformation driven by an energetic team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our Technology and Product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across the globe through various channels, join our team!
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Serving as a core member of an agile team that drives user story analysis and elaboration, designs and develops responsive web applications using the best engineering practices
- Performing hands-on software development, typically spending most of time actually writing code and unit tests, doing proof of concepts, conducting code reviews, and testing in ongoing sprints
- Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement
- Developing deep understanding of integrations with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
- Bring a culture of innovation, ideas, and continuous improvement
- Challenging status quo, demonstrate risk taking, and implement creative ideas
- Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Good attitude, communication, willingness to learn and collaborate
- Work closely with product managers, back-end and other front-end engineers to implement versatile solutions to tricky web development problems
- Finalizing HTML prototypes into Web Applications by integrating with back-end services and functionality
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices and consistent framework usage.
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline or equivalent 3-4 years of work experience
- Able to demonstrate good web fundamentals & knowledge of DOM
- Experience writing adaptive and responsive UI applications
- Knowledge of HTML5, React, Redux
- 2-3 yrs hands on experience in building REST APIs
- 2-3 yrs hands on experience in writing Java applications
- 1-2 years Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) / Behavior Driven Development (BDD) practices, unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing, including frameworks such as Selenium, WebDriverIO, Cucumber, JUnit, Mockito
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery(CI/CD) environment and their frameworks
- 2-3 yrs working in an Agile or SAFe development environment is a plus
- Experience in Redis, Kafka in the context of low latency and high transaction volume systems is a plus
- Experience in I18N and a11y is a plus.
Eligibility to work in the US for American Express is required as the company will not be pursuing sponsorship for this position
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 15, 2019, 12:24:26 PM