Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
This position is responsible to plan, oversees and organize outstanding events that will make an impact to American Express card members and prospects, ensuring that events are successful, cost-effective, and delivering results, paying attention to quality, details and resource constraints.
• Partner with Brand and Product teams, set experience strategy to achieve the business goals
• Define target experience by objectives
• Plan event from start to finish according to objectives and goals
• Design communication and exposure, managing owned, earned, and gained media and KOLs
• Manage agencies and partners (existing and new) and lead terms negotiations
• Lead coordination and alignment with other line of business, PR, product, brand teams
• Bring in fresh ideas, collaboration, schemes and creativity
• Co-work with event operation team, oversee quality of execution, safety, and legal compliance
• Set success goals and KPIs, and tracking methodologies
• Analyze business impact and develop reports
• Serve as a conduit to global assets
• Align with global strategy and transcreate as needed
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful
completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
1. Proven experience as event manager
2. Experience as experience manager for high brands/hospitality strongly preferred
3. Attention to details, dedication for quality
4. Skilled in project management
5. Knowledge of marketing and promotion techniques
6. A change agent, not afraid to challenge the status quo
7. Problem solving
8. Driving results
9. Customer-centric orientation
10. A team player with leadership skills
11. Extensive network with creative resources/partners
12. Superb organization skills
13. Excellent interpersonal skills
14. Negotiation skills
15. Multi-tasking16. Native Japanese and business level English
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 9, 2019, 9:50:07 AM