American Express Careers
Sr Manager, New Partnerships & Business Development
The Senior Manager, New Partnerships & Business Development will be responsible for supporting the identification, development and negotiation of co-brand and lending partnerships for Global Cobrand and Lending (GCL) and our overall business objectives. Partnerships are a key engine for revenue growth and are an enabler for gaining access to new customers and distribution channels as well as a means to broaden the scale of Card Member benefits and capabilities. The Partnerships team is a high impact fast moving group that works closely with colleagues across the Blue Box to achieve its goals.
This position will report to VP New Partnerships.
Key responsibilities include:
- Research and identify new partnership opportunities that support GCL objectives
- Work alongside adjacent teams to ensure partnership requirements and objectives are captured
- Create materials that precisely articulate partnership value for leadership consideration
- Tailor Business Development sell-in materials to ensure high relevance to partnership prospects
- Support all aspects of partnership evaluation, deal negotiation and execution on behalf of GCSG
- Assist in acquisition and renewal of Global Co-Brand, distribution and lending opportunities
- Apply strategic thinking and business development tactics in conjunction with senior leaders to successfully negotiate and close deals
- Leverage AMEX assets and partner with key internal business partners to pursue strategic partnerships that strengthen AXP’s competitive advantages
- Ensure all new partnerships deliver value to our partners, merchants, Card Members, and shareholders
The ideal candidate is a curious, strategic, and results oriented individual.
- Business Development experience is a plus
- BA/BS is required
- Experience of working on co-brand agreements is a plus
- Experience working on Non-AMEX Installment Lending is a major plus
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Mastery of PowerPoint is a major plus
- Strategic thinker who enjoys working in whitespace
- Outstanding cross-functional collaboration and relationship management abilities
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 10, 2019, 11:06:59 AM