American Express Careers
Global Network Services & Transformation (GNS&T) is a new team tasked with envisioning the American Payment Network of the future and executing the cross-functional transformation necessary to delivering it. Taking the lead of this strategic imperative for the company, this global team is looking to define and deliver new services and capabilities to drive business differentiation, growth, and a digital global payments Network that is an enabler of rapid innovation. A Network Modernization (NeMo) Program team has been established to implement a full-scale modernization of the American Express Global Network over the next three years. NeMo will rebuild the American Express Network from the ground up and is focused on designing a truly digital global payments network that is agile and ready for rapid innovation. The NeMo Program has been approved for a significant investment.
The program governance structure & processes, delivery management structure, centralized program office operating model, and reporting processes have been recently re-designed and enhanced to drive strong collaboration, effective decision-making, transparency, and efficiency. The program consists of approximately 400 GNS&T and Technology resources and aims to forge partnerships across the business and technology.
The Product Owner is part of the Workstream Product Delivery Team, which is specifically tasked with the scoping, envisioning, planning, and delivery of key Network capabilities and services with the NeMo program. In partnership with our Technology teams, Product Owners provide subject matter expertise to define and prioritize scope, ensure the team understands the business needs, and sign-off that the product meets those business needs.
· Develop a technical understanding of the new Network, leverage understanding to inform new parts of the build as it relates to your Product and share it with other Product Owners on the team to bolster knowledge leverage structure
· Take on value stream ownership and provide subject matter expertise on the processes and components of Network products. Drive decisions
· Primary focus on Network Servicing capabilities including CRM, Partner onboarding, Certification, Disputes , Network Monitoring
· Collaborate across the NeMo Program with Technology and Program partners to identify, prioritize, and plan
· Own and manage capabilities and features ad their associated benefits and priority in the Program Backlog from seeding to acceptance and deployment. Maintain the definition of done.
· Maintain awareness of the product critical path to drive value stream. Provide perspective on and drive proper prioritization and timing of capabilities and features as input into Program Increment Planning and the Program Increment across launches
· Align with stakeholders and workstream Product Owners to plan and commit to Program Increments
· Ensure all capabilities and features are managed to enterprise and program standards within the program Agile and PMO toolsets across the product lifecycle and throughout the program increment
· Coach Product Owners responsible for Team Backlogs in capturing User Stories and tasks. Lead, transfer knowledge to other Product Owners, and help teams navigate through uncertainty while balancing the need to let Scrum Teams explore and flourish in an Agile culture of empowerment and decision making
· Provide the Product Delivery Director with timely updates and status reports. Attend the scrum of scrums as appropriate. Work with RTE/Program Office to escalate risks/issues as needed, identify impediments, and propose solutions
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field required; advanced degree preferred
· 5+ years experience in product management and/or Network systems
· Experience delivering high-impact, complex products that span across organizations and involve multiple stakeholders
· Experience in building customer facing capabilities with a focus on digital and CRM is recommended
· Experience in building Payment Network servicing capabilities is a plus
· High-level of flexibility with the ability to absorb and own new information and adapt to change quickly. Strong ownership and accountability for outcomes
· Experience articulating business requirements in Capability and Feature benefits format for build considerations
· Ability to think strategically and understand the full downstream applications of design decisions. Demonstrated experience in collaborating with IT peers to arrive to requirement prioritization and design decisions
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to clearly articulate and work through complexities
· Excellent communication, facilitation, presentation, and influencing skills
· Strong attention to detail, an ability to spot gaps in information or processes
· Ability to handle multiple assignment and tasks independently, with minimal supervision
· Comfortable working in an ambiguous and fluid environment with competing priorities and needs
· Ability to work independently and interact effectively with at all organizational levels
· Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)® methodology preferred
· Experience with a Hybrid Agile methodology preferred
· Experience in Product Management and/or as a Product Owner
· Experience with CA Agile Central (formerly Rally) preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 13, 2019, 1:34:27 PM