American Express Careers
Manager/Senior Manager - Global Network Strategy
About Global Network Strategy & Transformation
Global Network Strategy & Transformation (GNS&T) is the team tasked with envisioning the American Express payment Network of the future and executing the cross-functional transformation necessary to deliver it. Taking the lead on this strategic imperative for the company, this global team is looking to define and deliver new services and capabilities to drive business differentiation, growth, and deliver a digital global payments Network that is an enabler of rapid innovation.
To shape the “Network of the future”, GNS&T aims to innovate and develop product concepts that will help GCSG, GCS and GM&NS achieve their business needs – by building new capabilities on the modernized Network. The Senior Manager will be involved – to various degrees – with the following key pillars of the team:
- For these new products, articulate the Value Proposition and deliver the Transformation Roadmap – in partnership with stakeholders across the company.
- Define the Network Business model and Capability Model.
- Continuously monitor (and drive implications from) market and competitive intelligence.
- Define the principles and the process to ensure the Network is involved in new Enterprise initiatives, when relevant – and propose new opportunities for the Enterprise.
To do so, the Senior Manager will have to:
- Support the development of an integrated strategic roadmap that takes into account internal and external factors to drive the business case forward.
- Balance short-term and long-term constraints (based on the roadmap and the current initiatives and available capabilities) to be able to define the critical features for an MVP vs POA product.
- Be the liaison with the GNS&T product development team for good delivery and gather their input to potentially adjust the strategic stance.
- Work closely with internal and external product and partner teams to ensure alignment on goals/scope, aggregation of individual product roadmaps, and ensure transparent communication.
- Continuously monitor relevant industry and competitive information, with the ability to articulate the implications for the existing strategy.
The ideal candidate will be someone with a passion to drive effective change in a fast moving and innovative environment. S/he is comfortable with ambiguity, demonstrates strong critical thinking and strategic thinking, all supported with a good business sense and leading with an external perspective.
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent communication skills (oral & verbal)
- Excellent project management skills with sense of urgency for driving projects forward.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to organize and synthesize a broad set of information.
- Strong analytical skills, including Excel and PowerPoint fluency.
- Experience developing business cases with clear assumptions and business outcomes
- Understanding of payment technology processes, ideally digital payments and/or ecommerce
- Overall intellectual curiosity and ability to identify opportunities and solve problems.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with internal teams.
- Flexible self-starter who can work with limited supervision.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 14, 2019, 2:18:09 PM