American Express Careers
Analyst - Risk Management II
India Consumer Risk Management (CCO team) handles credit policy for new acquisitions & customer management as well as collections strategy for the Consumer Portfolio of Amex India. It owns the credit results of the consumer card portfolio as well as partners with business for driving profitable growth.
Purpose of the Role:
• Driving profitable business growth without adverse surprises while providing an outstanding customer experience for consumer customers in India.
• Manage, master & leverage information from various data sources, cross- tabulating to integrate, synthesize and enrich information.
• Generation of MIS and conducting portfolio tracking activities
• Optimizing application of risk management for the consumer card portfolio to ensure consistent credit performance and delivery of aggressive financial commitments and key customer goals.
• Interacting and collaborating with partners across multiple lines of business including marketing, finance, compliance, operations and colleagues in risk centers of excellence to develop, implement and revise the consumer strategy for risk management processes including new product development and customer management strategies.
• Providing strong thought and relationship leadership while working with multiple business partners
• Maintaining close linkages with market risk colleagues across international risk and partner with them to leverage best practices.
• Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with the credit bureaus.
• Ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements through robust risk policies.
i)Drive billing, revenue, profitability & lending share growth through advanced analytical techniques
ii)Drive agile decision making to launch best-in-class products & experience for our card members
iii)Enable the business by providing holistic data driven solutions and business insights by innovating measurement techniques and variable creation.
iv)Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day
v)Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
vi)Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
• 1-3 Years of relevant experience
• Experience in underwriting or another core credit risk management function
• Experience in analyzing data, drawing inferences and making recommendations
Experience working in market-risk or a similar role will be preferred
• An advanced quantitative degree in business administration, engineering, statistics or economics and/or equivalent work experience will be preferred.
• Strong quantitative, analytical, project management and structured problem solving skills.
• Effective team player and be able to manage multiple projects.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Understanding of credit card economics and consumer payments.
• Strong relationship management and negotiation skills.
Proficient in SAS, SQL, Excel and Powerpoint
• Understanding of credit card business economics.
Knowledge of Platforms:
• Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment and on aggressive time-lines.
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 16, 2019, 3:07:13 AM