You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
We’re looking for an experienced Java Backend Engineer to join a top talent team working on a fast evolving communication platform that is serving tens of millions of customers around the world. Someone who is passionate about shaping the future of commerce, servicing and marketing; Someone who is obsessive about good design and great code; Someone who can find elegant solutions to hard technical and functional challenges and can work well within and across teams with other bright minds such as himself.
- Serve as a member of an agile development team that drives user story analysis and elaboration
- Designs and develops software solutions
- Foster the spirit of collaboration across multiple internal teams
- Participate in code reviews, ad-hoc pair programming; contribute to iterative improvement of tools, automation and practices used by team
- Mentor team members
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
Are you up for the challenge?
- 8+ Years of experience with Java backend (J2EE)
- A BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar discipline, or equivalent work experience
- REST API design and implementation
- SOA, Micro-Services, Containers
- Reactive Programing (asynchronous programming paradigm) - Vertx, RxJava
- Stream processing/Queue - Solace, Kafka
- Database - Couchbase
- Tools - Git, Jenkins, IntelliJ IDEA, Jira, Confloence
- Familiarity with security principles, SSL, Cryptography
- Experience building and supporting distributed highly available systems
- Good communication skills
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems
- High energy and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Interest in new technologies and tools, industry best practices
- Passion for shipping quality software fast and frequently
- Attention to detail
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window:
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 12, 2019, 11:54:37 PM