American Express Careers
- Adaptive Communication
- Agile Practices
- Business Analysis
- Business Case Development
- Emerging Technologies
- Strategy Formulation
- Ownership of prioritized roadmap for the next generation cloud and automate solutions to secure public cloud deployments at scale to increase adoption of Database as a service in the American Express Developer community
- Define database as a service product capabilities/features, manage feature prioritization and tradeoff decision making, application-developer experience (UI/UX) to meet Customer needs that drives Cloud database as a service adoption for Amex
- As the subject matter expert, help American Express developer community and Cloud Engineering teams with product related questions and hands-on technical training
- Collaborate with the cloud database technology such as RDBMS (Postgres) and NoSQL databases (Cassandra, Couchbase, MongoDB) to build innovative solutions to secure workloads in private and public cloud environments.
- Create product related awareness and enablement materials and evangelize the products and product strategy.
- Collaborate with global Engineering, Operations, and product teams using standard Agile/Scrum methods on a day to day basis to define and implement roadmaps for Cloud compute, network and storage
- Collaborate with partner teams (Information Security for example) to understand the requirements and integrate into the roadmaps/sprints/releases.
- Prepare and present executive level strategies, spotlights, and business cases of key capabilities
- Establish feedback loop with customers to incorporate product enhancements to increase platform adoption
- Be a promoter of the Cloud platform to the American Express community and put continuous measures to increase Customer Net Promoter Score
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management, preferably Cloud Computing (PaaS, IaaS) and experience in enterprise database as a service management from a business function
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience, MBA a plus
- Experience building requirements for PaaS and IaaS, Hybrid/Private/Public Enterprise Cloud platforms
- Distill a complex set of requirements into defined deliverables
- Explain complex concepts in a way that enables the team to understand what they are doing and why
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically
- Strong communicator with results-driven attitude
- Experience with Agile methodology to drive software development and delivery
- Competent in using data-driven processes/tools for decision making.
- Experience with Infrastructure and Application Performance Management tools such as Prometheus, Nagios, Cloud Watch, Splunk, App Dynamics, New Relic, or DynaTrace
- Excellent understanding of Infrastructure, Virtualization, Containers, Network, Storage, monitoring tools, Logging analytic tools, Monitoring tools
- Understanding of application development languages/platforms (Java, .NET, Go, Python, etc.) and importance of APIs and REST, and Microservices (authorization/authentication/logging, caching, streaming based services
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CICD) tools and processes such as Jenkins or Ansible
- Experience and understanding of developer ecosystem and developer/SRE workflows
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 16, 2019, 9:11:33 AM