American Express Careers
Why joining the EMEA Merchant Acquisition Sales Department?
At American Express we can offer a great brand, career, training and a fantastic team environment to develop your career. As an European hub, based in our new European Head office, we offer a rewarding package and the opportunity to work at one Spain's premier employer brands.
The EMEA Merchant Acquisition Sales organization is a sales team of different nationalities speaking more than 28 languages based in Madrid. Our teams successfully acquire and manage relationships with merchants in European Markets.
Within our organization, the Merchant Acquisition Audit Planner role is responsible of implementing the necessary process and tracking to ensure all signings meet compliance and regulatory requirements.
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear.
What do we expect from you?
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to gain deep understanding of the EMEA Telesales & CCLM organization.
The successful candidate will quickly develop relationships and position him/herself in an advisory role to identify opportunities, analyze complex variables and to create the necessary strategies and processes that enhance sales and client management performance. This role is for an ambitious self-starter who is comfortable working within ambiguous parameters in a dynamic organization.
- Assist team leaders, senior/managers, and other senior auditors in accomplishing audit objectives in a team environment
- Manage two members of the team
- Participate as a key team member on audit projects
- Understand, identify, evaluate and document key risks and controls.
- Document processes under review
- Work with managers /team leaders to develop audit test steps and can assume responsibility for key process areas of moderate complexity
- Execute audit tests competently in accordance with policies and procedures, and with moderate/minimal supervision
- Summarize and communicate results
- Develop recommendations to close identified control gaps
- Maintain internal audit competency through ongoing professional development.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Strong experience in the banking/financial industry
- Understanding of regulatory, accounting, financial industry guidance and best practices relevant to the business, including technology implications
- Understanding of business technologies and its impact to control practices
- Effectively integrates business, operational, technological, and financial components in audit work
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions to complex control, financial, or technical issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to deliver high quality, actionable feedback on a variety of complex issues to executive and line management on control issues and potential solutions to close control gaps
- Effectively works independently within a team construct, while supporting teamwork and achievement of team objectives
- Native or very high level of English (verbal and written).
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Proud to be recognized by Great Place to Work España - Ranked 2nd of overall Best Companies.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 13, 2019, 5:05:18 AM