American Express Careers
Manager-Business Planning & Financial Analysis
American Express is a global services company and the world’s largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide - combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities - enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
This will be a leadership position within the Financial Review & Analysis Team in the External Reporting function. Incumbent would be required to:
Lead detailed balance sheet analysis at an AXP / Segment level including the presentation/preparation of financial results for senior management.
Compile the FAB (Finance Analysis Book) information for senior leadership review.
Perform month-close governance to ensure accuracy & completeness of AXP/ Segment Balance Sheet data by performing analysis that includes validating reporting impact of relevant business events and accounting issues. Also, ensuring adherence to applicable protocols & policies and process manual entries wherever applicable.
Lead / support global/ regional projects which impact the AXP/Segment Balance Sheet reporting.
Provide support and assistance to external and internal auditors.
• The incumbent should either be CA/CPA or an MBA from a premier institute with 5/6 years of post-qualification experience.
• Experience in Management or Balance Sheet Reporting and sound understanding of Balance Sheet and/or P&L drivers is essential.
• Strong knowledge of AMEX businesses, AMEX Finance and Reporting Systems would be preferred.
• Knowledge of US GAAP and SEC Reporting will be an advantage.
• Must be proficient in MS Applications such as Word, Excel, and Power Point.
• Ability to collaborate with multiple business partners across internal organizations to deliver on customer expectations.
• Should be a strong people leader with prior experience of leading a team of professionals with ability to identify, train, motivate, develop and deliver through and with a diverse team.
• Should have strong results orientation, lateral thinking ability, project management and co-ordination abilities.
• Must have excellent communication, cross-cultural experience and interpersonal skills of a high order and should be able to interact independently with senior business partners / customers etc.
• Should have problem solving, planning and analytical skills to facilitate and focus on continuous improvement and innovation
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 15, 2019, 2:04:22 AM