American Express Careers
Don’t just have a great idea, build it.
Provides architectural mentorship and oversight at a Company Platform level, including its supporting Technical Platforms
VP level individual contributor who may lead a small team of Staff Architects. Reports into the Enterprise Architecture team and may be embedded within the Unit CIO teams they currently support, acting as key standard-bearers for the enterprise platform strategy.
Spend 25% of time conducting hands-on research, complex investigations and contributing to complex delivery efforts
Drive key architecture decisions to solve critical complex problems for assigned and adjacent platforms
Work with senior level engineers, architects and platform owner to set the platform’s technical direction and strategic objectives
Align efforts with central architecture function to influence technical standards and progress enterprise objectives
Drive the evolution and integration of system and subsystem architecture in line with platform POA strategy
Network with peers on technical matters, design prototypes, system designs and enterprise-wide research projects
Work with the Company Platform Owner and senior architects to guide Technical Platform architecture and engineering teams
Combine in-depth specialty area(s) with broad knowledge of other disciplines to deliver definitive end-to-end architectural mentorship
Partner with business leadership to influence priorities and objectives
Focus on driving architecture towards long-term Business Unit/Enterprise goals and objectives
Solve novel problems that impact products and/or technologies
Design new techniques, methodologies, and concepts for pursuing broad cross-cutting initiatives
Scope of Impact/Influence
Serve as the lead architect for a Company Platform; Responsible for leading architecture for large multi-functional teams, potentially across multiple geographies (Approximate scrum team count: 6-12)
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Education & Experience
Significant experience in active engineering experience in a complex environment and/or comparable experience such as:
Successful design, creation and deployment of one or more enterprise-grade technology products
Creation and implementation of a widely used framework or set of component libraries
Crafting a major platform and seeing it all the way into production
University Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related field required; advanced degree preferred
Recognized as a source of unique thought leadership, influencing and mentoring architects and engineers across the enterprise
Successful solution architecture implementation that impacts assigned and adjacent Company Platforms
Direct correlation between research, recommendation, implementation and wide-scale impact of new technologies
Recent hands-on experience with core aspects of the Company Platform technology
Domain Expertise in one or more architectural specialties with broad exposure to relevant technology domains
Proven expertise in crafting fault-tolerant, scalable solution architectures that are performance at a global enterprise scale
- Demonstrated ability to architect and deliver Service Oriented Architecture solutions at enterprise scale utilizing contemporary techniques
- Proficient in crafting large-scale solutions through loosely coupled cross-platform system integration
- Able to participate in the prevention, diagnosis, and resolution of system outages as a guide in the underlying architecture
- Channel-specific architecture skills as required by the platform, such as web, mobile, voice or interactive media
- Experienced level solution architecture skills with wide-ranging experience; able to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Broad knowledge of all elements of software delivery including build, test, deployment, and operations
- SDLC Methodologies and Practices
- Programming Languages and Framework
Technology Core Competencies
- Adaptive Communication
- Agile Practices
- Industry and Company Knowledge
- Organizational Change Management
- Technical Acumen
- Technology Industry Trends
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Continuous Improvement
- Servant Leadership
Role Core Competencies
- Emerging Technologies
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Framework
- Programming/Sof tware Development
- SDLC Methodologies Practices
- Solutions Architecture
- System/Platform Domain Knowledge
- System Design
- Systems Integration
- Data Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Problem Solving
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- Car Allowance/Company Car Option
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team onor 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 13, 2019, 9:04:07 AM