American Express Careers
The Travel & Lifestyle Group (TLS) within Consumer Products and Services is a Global Team with a footprint that spans 24 proprietary markets that strive to serve and engage Card Members whenever, wherever and however they want. In addition to providing core benefits each market tailors’ products and services to its unique customer base, ensuring Card Members are provided guidance, protection, value and seamless support when booking and experiencing travel and lifestyle with American Express.
This role provides an opportunity to be an integral part of a Global Product Management team, focusing on providing best in class platforms and tools to our customer facing Agents TLS markets around the globe.
This individual will be expected to foster a deep and detailed understanding of the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) products used within TLS, working closely with American Express Technologies (AET) supporting the Scrum team/s responsible for Technical Development of our Products on a daily basis to drive delivery against Product Roadmaps.
He/She will also have a direct connection with TLS Front Line teams and Product user communities to ensure an understanding of Product needs and wants and will partner with wider Business enablement teams on communication and adoption of Platform changes within TLS.
- Foster and maintain a deep and detailed Product knowledge
- Partner with Business Teams and User communities to understand and document Product needs
- Support data driven Product Analysis, benchmarking and capability mapping to inform Product roadmap
- Create, maintain and track to Project and Milestone Plans
- Prepare documentation and metrics to support stake holder updates
- Partner with Business enablement teams on communication and adoption of Product changes within TLS
- Perform the Product Manager role representing the Business within AET scrum teams
- Translation of Business needs and requirements into clearly articulated User Stories
- Management and maintenance of the Product backlog
- Key contributor to User Story prioritization and Sprint planning sessions
- Providing Business and Product knowledge and User Story clarifications to scrum team engineers
- Supporting Quality Assurance testing and Deployment processes
- Track and report team progress to the Product Owner
- Will be required to work from the Burgess Hill office a minimum of one day per week
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
- Knowledge and experience of Agile and Product development practices and processes and experience working with technology teams a plus
- Critical thinker with the ability to independently produce process mapping and documentation
- Strong root cause, analytical and resolution skills with a proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to absorb and analyse information from multiple sources and recommend solutions
- Good communication skills with an ability to present complex topics clearly to Technology and Business Partners
- Ability to build and hone relationships across the organisation and sometimes virtual
- Strong Consultative and Collaborative skills with ability to influence business and technology partners effectively
- Strong and proven organizational skills, ability to track to and drive deadlines and milestones in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of the Travel & Lifestyle Business, an in-depth Knowledge of the TLS platforms an advantage
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team onor 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 13, 2019, 8:59:23 AM