American Express Careers
Sr. Manager - Data Strategy & Insights
The Data Strategy and Insights (DS&I) team is the strategic analysis arm of Global Commercial Services (GCS) responsible for measuring business performance and uncovering information insights to support GCP growth strategies. DS&I is instrumental in ensuring the success of GCS by supporting strategies that accelerate sales and drive charge volume.
The Manager will be responsible for providing planning, strategic analysis, and thought leadership support to the Commercial Acquisition Group based in Phoenix and Florida. The Manager will work closely with the Marketing, Sales, and Account Development teams across the US to provide reporting and analytics across a number of initiatives to improve performance, as well as consistently identifying and developing data driven actionable insights.
- Lead goal setting efforts from conception to roll-out at both a channel as well as individual level for phone based acquisition teams
- Develop actionable insights through a deep understanding of the business and its data to ensure complex objectives are met within tight timelines
- Identify new strategic metrics to increase channel effectiveness
- Lead strategic initiatives from conception to implementation with the end goal of increasing the effectiveness of the sales team
- Support ad-hoc business analysis as requested by Leadership team
- Lead scorecard design process
- Build strong relationships with key partners to understand business objectives and challenges in order to become a trusted thought partner
- Design and deliver insightful deep dive analyses to measure performance and support decision making at all levels
- Act as a liaison and partner with numerous teams to drive innovation, identify and transfer best practices
- Ensure ROE are executed with a customer-first mindset
- Strong communication and influencing skills, relationship building across multiple levels and across cross-functional teams
- Strategic thinker with an ability to proactively develop creative solutions to challenging business problems and ability to generate new ideas and business approaches
- Ability to transform complex needs from multiple stakeholders into clear, articulate strategies
- Keen attention to detail with deep quantitative and analytical skills and demonstrated capacity to solve problems and enhance reporting
- Proven track record highlighting analytical skills and identifying actionable insights
- Communication ability to interact effectively with business leaders and to write structured and compelling messages addressed to various levels within the organization
- Self-starter with ability to solve ambiguous/ open ended business challenges
- Proven quantitative skill-set
- Strong work ethic with a will-to-win attitude, demonstrated personal excellence and fun!
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 16, 2019, 8:15:47 AM