American Express Careers
Senior Manager - Pricing
The Global Merchant Services (GMS) Pricing team is responsible for the single largest source of American Express’ revenue: Merchant discount revenue. The team works closely with multiple business partners to determine the ideal pricing structure to encourage merchant acceptance of American Express, while striving to improve coverage and merchant satisfaction. Ultimately, we drive merchant revenue and profit growth through customer-centric pricing principles, more flexible pricing architecture and innovative pricing solutions.
This Senior Manager position sits in the Merchant Services Americas (MS – U.S.) Pricing team within GMNS Pricing and is responsible for driving the strategy and analysis of various National Client Group (NCG) merchant negotiations as well as broad-scale pricing initiatives aimed at preserving our merchant discount rate while balancing the organizations goal for profitable charge volume and merchant expansion.
- Partner closely with Client Management team to provide strategic and analytical support on negotiations with large US merchants
- Provide thought leadership and creativity to develop problem-solving strategies, including pricing terms, value exchange levers, trade-offs, to secure optimal economics in contract renegotiations
- Prepare a comprehensive knowledge base about the merchant’s performance, peer set comparison competitor rate analysis and AXP value
- Interact with merchants to explain Amex pricing philosophy, premium competitor rates, sources of value delivered by AXP and pricing proposals
- Evaluate and develop business cases for various merchant pricing scenarios and model P&L impacts
- Identify opportunities to share best practices across deals and streamline the implementation of contract terms
- Strong aptitude for analytics; demonstrated ability to develop sophisticated financial models and draw value-added insights from large amounts of data
- Strategic thought leader with the ability to work independently through unstructured problems and develop clear action plans
- Strong relationship management and collaboration skills with the ability to influence others in situations where there may be different goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic with an intense will-to-win and demonstrated personal excellence. Ability to handle high pressure environment with aggressive deadlines
- Creative thinker who is willing to question traditional ways of doing things and develop new approaches to old challenges
- Strong project management skills with full ownership from analysis through to implementation
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple requests and prioritize accordingly
- Minimum 5 years of professional work experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 13, 2019, 3:54:10 PM