American Express Careers
Senior Analyst, Portfolio Management
The American Express Enterprise Digital & Analytics (EDA) organization centralizes many of American Express’s web, mobile and digital partnership development activities and enables the company to leverage digital expertise. We are aimed to drive growth, margin expansion and marketplace differentiation and to accelerate our digital strategy forward. The team develops and scales across the enterprise high-impact, mobile-centric and personalized digital experiences across the customer lifecycle and adapts to the evolving needs of our Card Members, merchants and partners.
Within EDA sits the Enterprise Digital Membership Experience (EDME) team which aims to deliver differentiated digital experiences for our Card Members through the web, mobile and push communication channels. The EDME Portfolio Operations team is looking for a Senior Analyst of Portfolio Management, responsible for supporting operational excellence, reporting and communications across the EDME portfolio.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who can represent our team in driving streamlined best practices across digital channels by partnering with program and product teams, as well as successfully communicating progress and changes with end users and multiple business partners across the organization. In addition this individual must be someone who can excel in multitasking, be detail oriented and resourceful, and able to prioritize as needs evolve.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support operational excellence through lean portfolio management, reporting, and communications
- Deliver standards for streamlined reporting across product roadmaps, program increment planning and agile ceremony outputs
- Support high priority strategic programs and new product launches
- Create and publish program status dashboards to enable transparency across a broad set of teams and stakeholders
- Partner and collaborate with program managers and product owners on operational changes and best practices
- Identify operational gaps throughout digital channels and proactively deliver scaled solutions
- Foster and grow partnerships with external stakeholders
- Provide support and manage solutions for all end users of the reporting tools
- A Bachelor’s degree and 1+years of work experience in program management, communications, or portfolio management
- Demonstrated program management, organization and planning skills applied in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Execution focused, interested in gaining experience in strategy and lean portfolio management
- Excellent at communication, relationship building and collaborating
- Analytical, focused on organizing data to showcase how we are delivering on top strategic initiatives
- Highly organized with a strong ability for follow through
- Proven decision making & problem solving capabilities
- Ability to influence without authority and partner across all levels and stakeholders within the global organization
- Ability to take initiative and work within ambiguous situations.
- Basic understanding of agile, scrum, and project managing an iterative, lean product organization
- Preferred but not required: experience in Agile methodology, Jira and Confluence
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 16, 2019, 3:35:32 PM