American Express Careers
Analyst - Risk Management II
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The CFR team helps drive profitable business growth by reducing the risk of fraud and maintaining our customers' confidence in the security of our products. It utilizes an array of tools and ever-evolving technology to detect and combat fraud, minimize the disruption of good spending and provide a world-class customer experience. The team leads efforts that leverage data and digital advancements to improve service and risk management as well as enable commerce and drive innovation. CFR is responsible for developing and monitoring statistical models for predicting individual and commercial' behaviors such as credit risk, fraud risk, spending and revolve. These models are used for key business decisions made across the customer life cycle to manage risk and accelerate profitable business growth. Underpinning our growth as a company are the tools and capabilities that ensure we prudently take and manage risk in a viable way.
Purpose of the Role:
• Ensure Accuracy & timeliness of E2E consumer bureau processes
• Build data driven insightful analytics to identify opportunities in bureau Processes
• Collaborate with Bureaus and various partners across geographies to understand E2E processes and highlight improvement areas
• Driving data quality, information integrity, and MIS initiatives around Bureau data
• Agile collaboration with technologies to drive, communicate and validate projects
Periodically update senior leadership on progress on key initiatives
Critical Factors to Success:
Rich collaboration with Bureau as well as risk partners
Subject Matter Expertise on JAPA Bureaus
• Strong data cleansing, processing and analytical skills are a must
• Experience on Hive & SAS is a must , SQL & Python hands-on is a plus
• Ability to adapt quickly to shifting priorities & multiple demands
• Strong communication skills and ability to influence across all levels of the organization.
• Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s degree is preferred
• 2-3 yrs. of relevant work experience
Should be graduated/post graduated from below college -
NIT – Kurukshetra
Credit Bureau expertise is a plus
SAS & Hive
Knowledge of Platforms:
IDN & Cornerstone (if internal candidate)
Bigdata & SAS tool
Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders.
• Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
• Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
• Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 14, 2019, 12:35:17 AM